Have you had time to follow the FIFA Women's World Cup?

Barida

Trophies
The FIFA Women's World Cup will be entering the knockout stages soon and it's sad that I've not seen a match on the event because of my tight schedules, anyone following up with events at the World Cup?

Last edited:
I have not really been following it that much. I probably will watch the later matches like the semi-final or the actual final. It's just hasn't been interesting enough for me (nothing to do with the women).

I've been watching it off and on, I saw one clip of a lady kicking the ball, but missed and kicked too high up and kicked the other woman in the jaw.

I've been watching it off and on, I saw one clip of a lady kicking the ball, but missed and kicked too high up and kicked the other woman in the jaw.

While I have been busy, I have read on the news about events happening and one of the them is the implementation of the new rules to the game such as the positioning of the goalkeeper during penalty kicks. There has been series of retakes of penalties in the tournament all because of the goalkeeper not standing in the right position.

While I have been busy, I have read on the news about events happening and one of the them is the implementation of the new rules to the game such as the positioning of the goalkeeper during penalty kicks. There has been series of retakes of penalties in the tournament all because of the goalkeeper not standing in the right position.

I know its been a long time since I played soccer, but I know the goalkeeper can only go so far and I've seen games where they step out of the lines completely in going after a ball or throwing it back. Shouldn't that be illegal?

No, that's perfectly fine Demon_skeith. They only have to stay on the line for penalties although most goalkeepers come ever so slightly off the line and nothing usually happens (in the Men's games anyway). Any other time, they can go anywhere they want but they can only hold and touch the ball with their hands if they're inside the penalty box.

No, that's perfectly fine Demon_skeith. They only have to stay on the line for penalties although most goalkeepers come ever so slightly off the line and nothing usually happens (in the Men's games anyway). Any other time, they can go anywhere they want but they can only hold and touch the ball with their hands if they're inside the penalty box.
There are recent changes in the rules of the game of football and one you will see happening every now and then is the substitution rule which now says that during substitutions, the outgoing player can step out of the pitch at any area he/she was standing at the moment and not again walking straight to the bench.

I didn't hear about that change. Not sure if the Premier League in the UK has adopted that rule yet. That doesn't really affect gameplay or the goalkeepers much though so it's only a small change.

There seems to be so many rule changes in sports these days I don't know how the players keep up with it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back