Have you ever thought about being a game developer?

Have I ever thought of it? Yes. Have I tried it? Yes. Did I make it? That's a big no. My coding knowledge is limited to HTML, JSS, Java and CSS. I tried to learn other coding languages but to no avail. I'm trying to go through some PDFs and YouTube tutorials on how to go about developing games. I'm not pursuing any computer- related course so it's harder for me to grasp the coding languages.

You seem to be in the right path to being a success in game development. All you need is little more time, commitment, dedication and enthusiasm towards learning and improving your coding skills.

I have actually tried learning coding using some online course and video from YouTube but I'm not making any good progress on it, so I had to drop it and enjoy the ones made by the professionals in the field. We can't do all things, so skip the ones that you can't.

I think the right time to do about this is starting now and then when some of the games are worth for international release, you can consider uploading to the google play or iOS store.

I bought a book about it. It was back when I was into programming (2000s decade). Anyway, I just never put the time in, unfortunately.

It seems like a growing trend at the moment and I don't see anything wrong with taking up such a profession since gaming is very lucrative in the world today. It's actually growing so fast that I don't see any other leisure moving as fast as it does.

Coding, itself, is in high demand - and, of course, game development is mostly coding.

Would be nice to be game developer. Not something I have decided to do myself. Nonetheless it would be a nice position for some people.

Currently I just get enjoyment out of coding projects for fun. Maybe one day open up Unity and try my hand at some C++ for a smaller game that could turn into a fun project. It's enjoyable to code these projects when you have such good IDEs from jetbrains. Which you learn a lot from.

It takes a lot of patience and also requires people to work on story and the controls for specific things. And making levels would be pretty difficult on that note. I think that's one reason I'd say that it is a work in itself.

Hello I got this video by smite developed showing you how to be game developer and is the best showing you all steps you need to follow I hope you will enjoy it.

Hello I got this video by smite developed showing you how to be game developer and is the best showing you all steps you need to follow I hope you will enjoy it.
Interesting. Are you planning to be a developer who makes games in that case? I mean have you tried anything like that?

Iv'e always thought about programming games, but not being a developer. That hasn't even been thought of seriously. Well, I just see the thing as a being a hobby, honestly.

It takes a lot of patience and also requires people to work on story and the controls for specific things. And making levels would be pretty difficult on that note. I think that's one reason I'd say that it is a work in itself.

That wouldn't stop me - cause that's where the fun is! Anyway, of course, it's going to be a challenge. That's pretty much a no-brainer.

Would be nice to be game developer. Not something I have decided to do myself. Nonetheless it would be a nice position for some people.

Currently I just get enjoyment out of coding projects for fun. Maybe one day open up Unity and try my hand at some C++ for a smaller game that could turn into a fun project. It's enjoyable to code these projects when you have such good IDEs from jetbrains. Which you learn a lot from.

What might be the best language for coding a game? Well, it seems like everyone's into Python these days - and back in the 2000s, when I took programming courses, it seemed like C # or Visual Basic were popular.

O.K., well my best experiences were with Visual Basic I think. I coded a number of programs as part of my study.

It is going to be a difficult task for me to become a developer as I am more of a a gamer that wants to test out games done by others. Also, when I put into context my work, then it is something that I won't really consider.

it's complicated. This business needs nerves of steel, which I don't have.

That is true as it is not easy to keep up with the pressure that come up with it at the end of the day. Developing games are always a difficult lane to follow.

I had once thought about becoming a game developer but after seeing my brother get into the gaming and coding side of things and realising just how much work he had to put in because school's didn't teach you everything you needed to know in which case you did have to do more than just anything game development related it put me off. Nowadays in schools they are taught so much more differently so someone who would like to go into game developement probably could without any real issues. It's a shame as there are always jobs out there in game development if you can hit them right.

it's complicated. This business needs nerves of steel, which I don't have.

Well, with my music lesson project - a similar situation is going on. Basically, you have to make prototypes, go back and fix little errors, upload, do a lot of copy/paste. Anyway, it's definitely worth it in the end - but I think only someone who really likes music would go thru with it - and I'm assuming the same is true with gaming development. In other words, someone really committed would tackle the project head on - and be able to finish it. However, though, of course, the person would also need the skill - as the work would be massively frustrating to someone with no training/little experience.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back