Have you ever had surgery?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
For me, I've had to have myself a couple of different surgeries over the years. I was always so afraid but I think if I had to have one now I wouldn't really think twice. I've had to have a kidney operation to clear a blocked kidney tube, two surgeries on my wrist/forearm when I managed to slip and dislocate both the bones (which hurt just FYI) and I've had keyhole on my knee to remove a bit of floating bone from when I dislocated my kneecap (for the third time)

What about you?

I have had a couple of foot surgeries to deal with a bone spur on my left heel, and a surgery to remove a bone spur from the back of my right shoulder that permanently damaged a nerve that I had for years before getting removed. Never really liked those, as the pain seemed to never want to disappear after getting those worked on, for 6-9 months.

No *touches wood*

I had a knee injury from running a couple of years ago which was a suspected meniscal tear / cartilage damage.. I was advised that I would likely require surgery at some stage, but so far have managed to avoid it (but then again, I haven't really been running since).

I've also required stitches a couple of times, once from accidentally headbutting the corner of a shelf, and another from accidentally falling off a wall and faceplanting a concrete floor. I would recommend neither! ?

I've had some wisdom teeth removed, not the funnest thing I've ever had done and it bothered me a good while after. I hate to think what real surgery will be like.

I have not had any so far *touches wood*. And I hope I never have to. Unfortunately, it does seem like I might have to do something about my wisdom teeth at some point

Yes, surgery on an elbow about 2 years ago now. Thankfully resolved the issue.

For me, I've had to have myself a couple of different surgeries over the years. I was always so afraid but I think if I had to have one now I wouldn't really think twice. I've had to have a kidney operation to clear a blocked kidney tube, two surgeries on my wrist/forearm when I managed to slip and dislocate both the bones (which hurt just FYI) and I've had keyhole on my knee to remove a bit of floating bone from when I dislocated my kneecap (for the third time)

What about you?

I have not had any surgery. I have a belly button that is a bit out, but don't want to operate on it since it is not affecting me in any way. I have been scared of needles and wonder how difficult it is going to be if I ever had the experience of being operated on. Will definitely be scary.

I have had surgery only two times myself, both or which were very worrying for me but I made it through and I am still here to tell the tale. My first surgery was when I had to have to have an emergency caesarean with my first child. He was stuck at around 7cm dilated and I had to be rushed into surgery. It was a scary time for me as I was awake for the whole process having had an epidural. The recovery process was very hard and I still now have problems with my back from the epidural and around the scar when we get any kind of really cold weather. My second surgery was to remove my gallbladder which again, was a rough recovery due to where they opened me up for the keyhole surgery. I had been opened up near my belly button and me moving more than I should have been doing, opened it up and caused me to bleed quite badly. I now suffer with problems from that surgery including a hiatus hernia.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back