Have you ever come across misleading advertising for mobile games?

I'm fully in support of this great input. As long as the games are free, the ads must be constantly displayed whether the gamer likes it or not.

Exactly. It's how the gamer developers monetize their games. Since it's a free game, there has to be a way they can make money off the game and it's through the use of ads.

Exactly. It's how the gamer developers monetize their games. Since it's a free game, there has to be a way they can make money off the game and it's through the use of ads.

True. They have to make money from the game in one way or another and certainly it's true only the game ads that they can do so, since the game is free.

True. They have to make money from the game in one way or another and certainly it's true only the game ads that they can do so, since the game is free.

I remember while playing Solitaire on my phone, I got an advert for a crossword game, and it was showing some interesting dynamic where the letters were falling in a similar manner like Tetris, so you could drag and form words. it was weird. So out of curiosity, I visited their download page, from the descriptions and screenshots it just seemed like a normal crossword kind of game. I scrolled to check the reviews and saw a few one-star reviews from people who rushed to download it and found out it wasn't like the advert had to lead them to believe. I felt like I dodged a bullet and since then I really check before downloading anything. I am pretty sure this kind of misleading for android games is not that rare, so it'd be cool to hear your stories if you have come across some ridiculous advertisement, regardless if you feel for it or could tell it apart. :)

Have you ever downloaded a game because of an advertisement and find out that it was nothing like the advert made it look like?

I think there are many who create the video for the game but they show different in video and actual game can be different. For example, mobile legends ads were different from the actual game. Same can be said about the sea game. Which has lot of ads these days and the actual game is lot different.

I hate those types of games. The ones that edit their game page screenshots to make the game look better or seem more interesting are extremely annoying. And the reviews sometimes don't help because half of them have been paid for usually.

Lot of games are doing the animated trailers. Which can be a good attempt from their side that they want to get the word out. But real game does not have the animation or the graphics good enough like ads. So that kind of makes people misguided. And nobody wants to have that sort of the misguided ads on the game.

Those damn ads, it's so crazy, like you look at the ad and you are stunned, drooling over the game they are advertizing and when you click on it, it's the most basic, boring game that you can ever come across. They should get this to be illegal as false advertisment and should make a law against it.

Some games are also misleading. I mean you may feel like some games are like clash of clans but when you install them they are kind of like card games or board games. So it is definitely misleading in case if you want to go by what is being shown in the game ads.

Misleading marketing is so insane, like you look at the commercial and you're astounded over the game they're advertising and when you click on it, it's the most fundamental, dull game you'll ever see. They're supposed to make this illegal as false advertising, and they should make a law against it. Its happened to me several times.

I don't pay much attention to context advertisement, I guess. If a youtuber or an internet person I'm interested in advertises something, there's a chance I'll check it out, usually these are quality products and it benefits both the influencer (more about them here) and the business.

I think these days those ads are in between the gameplay. So it kind of hurts the experience. I understand the need to make money but a lot of ads are not relevant and that can be a bad experience if you ask me.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back