Have you ever come across misleading advertising for mobile games?

Daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
When you download and play a free Mobile game it is almost expected to have some sort of ads or in game purchases. However, which would you rather have? I have seen some games where they are super agressive with the in game ads and it makes it super frustrating. I have uninstalled games because of this or if I actually like the game I will pay the fee to get rid of the ads if they have one.

I don't like spending money on a mobile game so I'll just endure these ads. :ROFLMAO:

Like bphlover, if the game was free then I'm happy to suffer from a few advertisements on the game. The problem is when they have way too many advertisements in the game and it starts to affect the gaming experience. If I ever download a game like that then I'll uninstall it straight away.

It is too much hassle and irritating but what can we do? It is there for a reason and that is to support the game developers and I can totally understand that. If you don't want ads you can always pay a few more bucks for a paid game without ads but its up to you. As for me, I will have to endure because like bphlover I don't like spending hard earned money on mobile games :cool:

Seriously, these in game advertisements are the reason why I don't go for free games because it's annoying getting to be interrupted with an ad when you are into one serious game.

I hate such ads with passion.

The way they generate income was thru advertisements. If we wanted to play free games, then expect too much ads. Yes, there's an option to get rid of them but you need to pay. Well I don't think it is reasonable to pay just for that. Better to endure the ads or uninstall the apps.

The way they generate income was thru advertisements. If we wanted to play free games, then expect too much ads. Yes, there's an option to get rid of them but you need to pay. Well I don't think it is reasonable to pay just for that. Better to endure the ads or uninstall the apps.

True! Without the ads, they do not get to make lots of profit with the game. But in my opinion, in as much as it's important to make money, they should take the satisfaction of their customers into consideration and mind how often the ads are placed.

I can't even begin to tell you how many games I've uninstalled due to constantly being bombarded by ads. I understand that's how the developers make their money, but when you're putting so many ads that it interferes with the gameplay, is when I reach my breaking point. I don't think I've ever paid to get rid of ads because most games I like are sparse with the ad placement.

Usually, I do not spend money on games. I only play free versions (I did buy a couple of games though). When I am playing a free game, ads are common. Since I am not spending any money, I can endure ads.

Usually, I do not spend money on games. I only play free versions (I did buy a couple of games though). When I am playing a free game, ads are common. Since I am not spending any money, I can endure ads.

If you have no problem with ads pop up in games, then there is no need to worry about spending money on the premium version of the game.

You can never take away ads from free games. The ads are the way such game developers are making money from the game. So, it's up to the game player to go for games that comes with ads or not. I don't have any problems with ads at all.

If you have no problem with ads pop up in games, then there is no need to worry about spending money on the premium version of the game.
When I said "I can endure ads," I did not mean I like ads in the games. You are playing a game and suddenly a popup ad appears. This will certainly ruin your gaming experience. However, this is common when you are playing free games. Generally speaking, I play offline games where ads will not interfere with my gaming experience.

TBH ads on mobile games is so annoying. It always interrupts me on the me middle of the game.better to play offline games it's an ad free.

True! Without the ads, they do not get to make lots of profit with the game. But in my opinion, in as much as it's important to make money, they should take the satisfaction of their customers into consideration and mind how often the ads are placed.

Yes, better to consider the satisfaction of customers first. Because sometimes too much ads brings customers to uninstall the games or apps. Which will bring them lost instead of gaining more.

Yes, better to consider the satisfaction of customers first. Because sometimes too much ads brings customers to uninstall the games or apps. Which will bring them lost instead of gaining more.

Well, it's true that such free customer should I use that term free customers have to consider that they are getting the game at free cost, so the ads interruption should be considered a constant.

Well, it's true that such free customer should I use that term free customers have to consider that they are getting the game at free cost, so the ads interruption should be considered a constant.

I'm fully in support of this great input. As long as the games are free, the ads must be constantly displayed whether the gamer likes it or not.

If you do not accept you have two option, either play a game that is available offline or buy the game. I think playing games that are available offline are better options. When I play mobile games, I always choose a game that can be downloaded, installed and played offline. When I play offline, there will be no ads.

If you do not accept you have two option, either play a game that is available offline or buy the game. I think playing games that are available offline are better options. When I play mobile games, I always choose a game that can be downloaded, installed and played offline. When I play offline, there will be no ads.

So, in essence you prefer offline games to online games and since they are offline games, there is no way of getting ads to play in it.

When you download and play a free Mobile game it is almost expected to have some sort of ads or in game purchases. However, which would you rather have? I have seen some games where they are super agressive with the in game ads and it makes it super frustrating. I have uninstalled games because of this or if I actually like the game I will pay the fee to get rid of the ads if they have one.

If there is something that gets on my nerves, it is having ads popping up when playing games. But I also understand the advertisers are in business too and everyone is trying to make an extra buck whichever way they can. That said, I cannot count the number of times I have uninstalled games due to troublesome ads.

So, in essence you prefer offline games to online games and since they are offline games, there is no way of getting ads to play in it.
I play a lot of free games and ads are very common in free games. therefore, I always make sure the game has an offline version. By playing offline games, I do not have to bother with ads.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back