Has gaming ever affected your health?

Nova

Trophies
There are people who are into gaming too much. For example, some of the gamers have gained the weight. And some of the gamers have now got contact lenses. And some of them are into depression. Lot of gamers are too much deep into the gaming that it has managed to affect the health of many. So here's my question, has gaming affecting your health? How do you take care of your health?

Well, I have always loved gaming right from my School days. Playing games is one of my most favorite hobbies. However, I have never stretched my love for gaming to a level where it becomes an addiction. If one gets addicted to playing games, then the person can face many such problems which can affect the health of the body as well as the mind. Its always better to keep everything in moderation and never overdo.

When I was younger I spent most of my free time playing games on a PC or a console. It affected my eyesight and now I need to wear eyeglasses. I don't know if that was the main reason or if it was genes but I am the only one who wears glasses on my family. Nowadays, I exercise regularly and have less time to game because of work. I think I have the right amount of work-life balance.

Back when i was a student i spend most of my time on the computer playing games lucky i don't have any health problems and my eyesight is still accurate.You just have to take a rest for an hour in order not to get sick.

Gaming is not affecting my health at all, I have not gained or lost weight and I don't have any negative symptoms. I know a friend who lost in weight because he forgets to eat as often as it should, this is not good at all but some people forget to take care of their health.

It has certainly affected my eyes. The strain I have placed on it over the years while gaming is catching up to me and I'm currently battling the need for glasses. I know I should go see a doctor and have my eyes checked out but I'm really reluctant to do that. Soon, I'll have no choice but to see a doctor but for a little while longer, I can continue to deceive myself that all is well with my eyes.

I have a long story with this one, at a certain point of my life I was in a very low position, I was depressed, I quite school I was over the place, and the worst mistake I made back then is instead of trying to face life and solve my problems I just desocialized and decided instead to fill up most of my time with video games and TV shows, but my wake up call was at a night while playing Euro Truck, it was after a week without sun light, no going out randomly sleeping, no exercising, I had a minor heart attack, it was late at night so I couldn't really do much, but thankfully it went alright without any calloteral damage.

Never. I never allowed that to happen. when I had my time of addiction and realized that I was beginning to lose control of the situation, I was trying to disconnect that world and enjoy the real world. So, this has never been a problem for me.

Yes, too much exposure on radiation will affect our health. Sometimes, we don't care because we enjoy what we do especially on gaming. Others, may even forget to eat their meals, lack of sleep and can't even drink water because of the intimate love on computer activity. I also experience eyesight strain and blurred vision. I also have stiffness and back pain. It is a good thing I was able to control my addiction at an early stage. I am also save from being unproductive. Thank God.

Definitely! I do have poor vision. I think it has something to do with me always playing my gameboy back in the day. Then, I had a Virtual Boy. Not only it affected my vision but my posture too! Anyone familiar with Virtual Boy by Nintendo? I had to endure a lot of back pain just to play a game there. ?

Gaming certainly affected my sleeping patterns, which resulted in bouts of insomnia. I've been working on trying to normalize this, since it's led to a few problems like anemia and weight loss on my part.

I've been attempting to control my gaming habits because of this. Though, it would be unfair to blame it all on gaming. Work tends to wear down on my sleep too.

I really didn't have any major problems with gaming the affected my health. Their were times where I stood up late at night to play games and played them through most of the day, but that was about it.

I have not suffered much damage from gaming, except that occasionally, I experience eye strain and back pain. What has helped me not to go down the slippery path is that I am aware that excessive gaming comes with some unintended bad consequences. As a result, I have learned to pull myself away before its too late.

My health hasn't been affected by playing mobile games as of now, or maybe I'm just not a hard player as you guys are. But I hope that I'll grow healthy and that my playing will not affect it.

Partially, I've began to have it affect my eyes vision. But mostly apart from that - nothing.

I think for me it affected in many ways. Like I have gained weight. My eyes have wrinkles. My digestion has disturbed. And it seems like I feel more restless often. So it can be pretty troublesome on that note. And being addicted to the games make it also harder for me to save. So I am keeping things balanced now a days.

The vision thing worries me. I mean, I don't game that much - but I'm always straining my eyes on the net. Anyway, I do use darker screens, but still, you know what I mean! Anyhow, the solution for people on the net and/or gaming too much - is simply taking breaks and balancing. When I say balance, I mean that people need to exercise so much during the week - and maybe they even need hard exercise. It's just a fact of life that nature owes them nothing and they must work to maintain health.

Last edited:
Yes. I think that's one reason I am not that hard core gamer myself and I don't prefer to compete in public places. I don't want to lose vision and also not lose the mental health aspect of life. So it's reasonable that we are taking care of the health in that context.

I wouldn't say it's negatively impacted my health to the point that I'm now suffering with a 'gaming claw' on my hand, posture issues and the like but certainly when I was a teenager playing Runescape for like 8-10 hours per day in my quest for those sweet 99 capes, I surely felt the affects with my concentration, eating habits and all those kind of things. Luckily I managed to get myself out of those habits before I hit University or that would've been hellish. I'm 25 now and it's a struggle to stay up past 1am haha.

When I was younger I spent most of my free time playing games on a PC or a console. It affected my eyesight and now I need to wear eyeglasses. I don't know if that was the main reason or if it was genes but I am the only one who wears glasses on my family. Nowadays, I exercise regularly and have less time to game because of work. I think I have the right amount of work-life balance.

That can be a possibility that it was as a result of excessive exposure of your eyes to the TV, for gaming reasons, that made you have this eye issues. However, this is the reason we should try to protect our kids from being game addicts for safety of their eyes.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back