Has gaming ever affected your health?

I have seen people getting into addiction of internet and gaming. And that has definitely affected their progress. And something like that needs to be taken seriously. Because addictions turn into something that affects the health. That is what needs to be changed about gaming addiction.

I'm sure it cost my eyes to degrade from being so close to the tv when I was young and from my body being weak instead of out exercising.

I avoid playing on TV for the same reason. I also avoid working or playing games in the dark. Because that definitely affects my eyes more. So I am starting to pay attention to small signs.

I definitely attribute my declining eyesight to gaming and computers, at least partially.

When I first needed glasses I was the only one in the immediate family to do so. However, that has since changed that almost everyone now needs glasses so there could also be a bit of genetics there I guess.. ?‍♂️

I've suffered with insomnia, depression, back pain, and fluctuating weight gain/loss - but none of this I would attribute to my gaming habits. My gaming has more than halved over the last few years to the level it was. I blame becoming a parent.. ?

I mean, my eyes aren't perfect. But I'm not sure I can fully blame gaming for that and it's probably more due to all the technology I use. I don't think gaming has affected any other aspects of my health really. I've never been addicted to it.

I definitely attribute my declining eyesight to gaming and computers, at least partially.
I have seen many of those who are into their 40s seem to be affected with the eye sight. And that is one reason I think people should avoid playing the games in deem light or dark. That is what leads to the eye sight issues. That's what I have learned from experience.

I had a bad experience a couple of years ago. I was totally addicted to Fortnite! I could not stop literally for 6-7 hours... my studies were going down and eventually, I realized my eyes are growing red and itchy.. that was due to the blue light thing... I went online to see how to prevent that and found about gaming glasses... I bought a pair and they kind of helped to reduce the redness... this website has some good budget options.
but believe me the only thing that would actually reduce the stress on your eyes is to limit your gaming hours (and that wasn't easy for me!)

I know overall my eyes/vision is suffering from staring at a screen so much. I know at one time I did get addicted to playing the Sly cooper series, not sure why but thankfully it was just on that one game.

it's recomended to take a break every hour or two for at least 5 min

I've been playing since high school).
Back then, it was PC Spectrum.
So that's how it started. It was a few years in WOW, CS and many other non online games.
Now only the ones that are on the phone. I don't play PC games, but there's definitely something on my phone. Now it's CODM and ML BB.

Oh yes, my health is fine. But that's because I'm always in sports tone: football, gym, running.
Maybe my eyes are getting worse, but maybe it's also from reading and working on the computer.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back