Discussion Happy Friday

WildWorldGames

Trophies
Hey.. how's it going? It's been a while. I don't post here as much as I have because I have been very busy with game dev related stuff.

I just want to say to have a great Friday. Even though this year has sucked for the most part, at least try to enjoy it the best way you can on a Friday night.

Friday is by far my favorite day of the week. Hope everyone has a good Friday. :)

Hey.. how's it going? It's been a while. I don't post here as much as I have because I have been very busy with game dev related stuff.

I just want to say to have a great Friday. Even though this year has sucked for the most part, at least try to enjoy it the best way you can on a Friday night.
RamiMorrar Glad to hear all is well! Keep us posted on your game dev related stuff, we'd love to hear all about it.

I've also been busy myself, with the website, working on a lot of things, brainstorming ideas and continuing to build a community for you guys. I hope to share more of that with you guys over the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Wishing you all a great weekend. Please stay safe and let us know how you're doing.

Love it when it is finally Friday. Enjoying the weekend so far and going to be spending a lot of time just chilling and relaxing

I much rather enjoy Saturday myself, just a easy all around day, as I know I still have a day off.

Friday has been gone but hay! it can be next Friday and beyond right. Welcome back anyway if you haven't been that active on the site

It used to be a tradition to eat a Cadbury's Crunchie every Friday. What happened to that rule? ;)

It's basically that honeycomb stuff (cinder toffee) you can get in a bag, that looks like yellow rocks. Only it's in a rectangle shape, with milk chocolate smothered over it. I'm surprised you've never tried one. They're big here in Britain. :)

It's basically that honeycomb stuff (cinder toffee) you can get in a bag, that looks like yellow rocks. Only it's in a rectangle shape, with milk chocolate smothered over it. I'm surprised you've never tried one. They're big here in Britain. :)
I'm not from Britain but I do think we have something similar here in the states.

I'm not from Britain but I do think we have something similar here in the states.
If you have a Cost Plus World Market near you, they sell a honeycomb and chocolate candy that's very similar to a Crunchie. It's the best option we expats have at the moment because of Hershey's ban on importing real Cadbury chocolate from the UK, it's worth a look if you're interested in tasting it, because I can't think of a US equivalent.

If you have a Cost Plus World Market near you, they sell a honeycomb and chocolate candy that's very similar to a Crunchie. It's the best option we expats have at the moment because of Hershey's ban on importing real Cadbury chocolate from the UK, it's worth a look if you're interested in tasting it, because I can't think of a US equivalent.
Wait they BANNED Hershey's Chocolate!? Why!?

Wait they BANNED Hershey's Chocolate!? Why!?
No no, Hersheys has the license to produce Cadbury's branded chocolates in the US (so it's not actual Cadbury's), but people from the UK have been importing real Cadbury's from the UK to British and Indian goods stores, and places like Cost Plus for years. Hershey's recently enacted their rights as license holders and sued some of the bigger importers to stop them from importing Cadbury's from the UK, and so now those of us who want to get actual Cadbury's products have to order direct from the UK for a premium price or get family members to bring it over with them if/when they visit.

So, Hershey's isn't banned, they're the ones enforcing the ban ;)

No no, Hersheys has the license to produce Cadbury's branded chocolates in the US (so it's not actual Cadbury's), but people from the UK have been importing real Cadbury's from the UK to British and Indian goods stores, and places like Cost Plus for years. Hershey's recently enacted their rights as license holders and sued some of the bigger importers to stop them from importing Cadbury's from the UK, and so now those of us who want to get actual Cadbury's products have to order direct from the UK for a premium price or get family members to bring it over with them if/when they visit.

So, Hershey's isn't banned, they're the ones enforcing the ban ;)
Wow... why!?

Wow... why!?
Mostly because no one was buy their US version of Cadbury's (it's nothing like actual Cadbury's, which is why most Brits looked to import it, we grew up on Cadbury's, so we like what we know, Hershey's version is not that), so if they take away the version that everyone wants access to, they're left with nothing but the Hershey's version to buy (well, or do without). It makes sense from a business perspective, because people were circumventing their patent, but it's still a move they didn't really need to make, expats still aren't going for the Hershey's Cadbury's version, they're just paying a bit more to get it from home now...

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back