Halo Infinite announcements coming end of 2020

halo-infinite-2021.jpg

Halo Infinite will receive announcements at the end of 2020, with 343 Industries being “much more communicative in the coming months”, the developer pledged.

John Junyszek, at 343, wrote in a recent update:
We know you’re all very eager to know what’s going on with Infinite and due a myriad of circumstances in the wake of our date change, we’ve been quiet longer than we like. We’re working with the team to provide an end of year update and establish plans to be much more communicative in the coming months.

Junyszek also wrote:
We want nothing more than to answer your questions. We can’t wait to go into deep detail about the rich story and characters in the Halo Infinite campaign, to dive into exactly how customization and progression works and shows up visually in the multiplayer experience, and provide a detailed look at the incredible depth of content across the entire game. But to do it right and do the game – and the talented team crafting it – justice, we need to show rather than tell.

Of course, this begs the question, ‘When are you going to show all that?’ The best we can say right now is ‘when it’s ready.’ That’s not the same as ‘when it’s done,’ but it’s still ‘not yet.’ When we get close, we’ll be sure to let you know ahead of time. Your questions will, eventually, be answered.

The title was planned for the Xbox Series X and Series S launch on 10 November 2020 before being delayed in August this year. 343 Industries cited difficulties due to COVID-19 and addressing concerns from a preview of the game in July, moving the title to a 2021 launch window.

Xbox head Phil Spencer spoke of the delay, saying it was “disappointing to people… [and] disappointing to us,” but ultimately was “the right decision”.

Halo Infinite heads to Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Windows PC in 2021, also part of the Xbox Game Pass subscription program.

I'm hopeful for Infinite, but I'm also slightly guarded because Halo 5 Guardians was not exactly a spectacular game. Halo -> Halo Reach were fantastic, Halo 4 was...well, it was alright but trending downward, and then as I said, Halo 5 Guardians was a real step backwards (IMO). Hopefully they took some lessons from that and Infinite will be a proper step in the right direction!

Glad they are speaking up more about it, the news has been nothing but bad news for them.

I’m glad they delayed it. I’m not a big Halo guy, but it would be great to see it return to it’s former glory.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back