Grounded Game

Huntn

Newcomer
Trophies

Grounded found its way onto Steam last Fall, I joined a coop game with my (adult) son and a friend, and we've been having a great time with it. If you are unfamiliar, it's a Honey I Shrunk the Kids themed game, but instead of an accident, there is something more sinister going on. The Unreal Engine graphics are great. There is a story, the only caution I'll mention is that if you are going to pay coop, it is better if you mostly stick together when out on a quest to discover story driven locations such as a site as directed to by a robot. Otherwise you'll miss out on significant events. This is not unlike many coop story driven games, such as not to long ago we were playing Raft which does not compete with Grounded from a gameplay or graphics standpoint. We fizzled out on Raft.

Also certain nasty bugs can be quite a challenge requiring upgraded weapons, armor, and adjusting your engagement style... :)

Btw, I'm a newbie here, I'd of normally posted a link and an image, but I'm supposed to wait until I get a few posts under my belt. I'll edit the post later. :D

Last edited:
Never tried this game. But didn't look that good to me. What appealed to you?
Appearing tiny in the backyard that is a fantastic jungle and I like the Honey I Shrunk The Kids vibe although this is not that story other than you are very small. You find that someone one proceeded you into this realm, there are labs where you’ll find a robot, who if you bring it computer chips from different locations, it will slowly fill you in, and basically give you quests to I assume find your way out. There are different zones, including a pond with stuff in the pond that needs to be visited and collected, an insecticide poison zone, and a trash pile, all with different threats. I was stumped with how to kill gnats, they're usually so erratic, it’s hard to shoot them with an arrow, but then I discovered a lantern where at night large numbers of them hover.

They did a great job with the environment and the bugs. My impression is that coop would make this game much easier.

I’m making progress in Grounded. I’ve acquired a Insect Axe, an Insect Bow, and have Acorn armor. I made the mistake of thinking I could attack a sleeping Wolf Spider in the abdomen with a poisoned blade, then retreat. Relatively, it is about 9’ tall. :oops:
The thing woke up and spun around in a half second and things did not go well. However I am seeing how they move they tend to lung/jump and this can be anticipated. For many of these bugs, especially playing solo. engaging from range, and hoping they get hung up in the grass, or from a high place they can’t reach is the way to go. I’ve seen several instances where they seem to glitch and get hung up on their own. Some bugs actually retreat when on the verge of death, but I’ve not seen a spider do this yet. ?

I was stumped with how to kill gnats, they're usually so erratic, it’s hard to shoot them with an arrow, but then I discovered a lantern where at night large numbers of them hover. :) why would I want to kill gnats? As with basically all the bugs, mats for gear and equipment.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back