Google Stadia free in all available regions

google-stadia-white.jpg

Google Stadia is now free in all available regions to those with own a Gmail account.

The free tier will provide access to 1080p/60FPS streaming with stereo surround sound. Further more, those who sign up will receive a free two-month trial of Stadia Pro. Users can sign up using an existing Gmail address or a new one, and can cancel at anytime.

Stadia Pro currently provides free access to the following titles:
  • Destiny 2: The Collection
  • GRID
  • Gylt
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  • Serious Sam Collection
  • Spitlings
  • Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)
  • Thumper
Stadia Pro normally allows 4K streaming, However, Google has advised it will be limiting connections to 1080p as a result of demand due to the coronavirus crisis.

To reduce load on the internet further, we’re working toward a temporary feature that changes the default screen resolution from 4k to 1080p.
~Phil Harrison at Stadia.

With increased demand due to more people at home during this time, we’re taking a responsible approach to internet traffic… The vast majority of people on a desktop or laptop won’t notice a significant drop in gameplay quality, but you can choose your data usage options in the Stadia app.
Stadia is available in U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

Nice of them to do that, not that anyone is really interested in the service to take advantage of it :p

Cool shit. It's only available in a handful of countries, so even if it was available (it's not), and I even have a compatible device, can't do shit with that right now, reason being because of the quarantine I went back to my parents' house in the countryside and the internet is piss poor around here. I'd bet I couldn't even run 720p on Stadia.

Also, who cares? I already have Game Pass and a huge backlog of games.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back