Google+ set to shut down

Alexander.

Trophies
Google+ has affirmed they will close down on April second. How would you think this will influence the gaming network, will it have any effect at all? What do you think about Google's decision to close this social media network?

I don't think it would impact much on people. There are some dedicated die hard google fans. And those are the only ones who are going to be affected. I know that there are some who may be missing it. But so far I have not done much use of that site. And there does not seem to be any benefit for me.

I don't think it would have much of an impact. I'm not even sure what it's for. :LOL:

I don't even remember ever going to my Google+ account! All I know is it's created once you sign up for a Google account. Or, at least, that's what I know. Just correct me if I'm wrong about it. :LOL:

I guess only those who've spent more time on Google+ will be affected with this change.

I don't think it will have any impact on the gaming community. Google+ was never a popular way of communicating among gamers. Nowadays, most are on Discord and that includes myself. Personally, I have only used Google+ maybe once or twice and just forgot about it as other people I know don't use it.

I don't think people would care if they shutdown it .. Google + was not so well known to the people since some people are using Facebook . I only seen some business man are using Google + .. I hope they will not close the Google Mail hahaha

I have received a notice regarding this issue. They have said that we can log in with our account any time we want and use app an all the other sites that request a Google account as in the past, so I think the fact that they are closing will not have a huge impact on users.

I didn't receive any notification of an impending shutdown, perhaps it's because they know I couldn't care less. Apart from being asked to login at inconvenient times, I have no idea what google+ is or what it's for

I think they have given notification to all of the users whether they have account or not. And this is because they are offering chance to download the data whatever that you input. If you avoided google plus then I am guessing they didn't give you any notice. Maybe you may want to check out that for yourself.

Google+ never really caught on, so I doubt that any big gaming communities will be affected all too much. There are far better alternatives on the market, and Google+ came in a little too late to have established itself well enough.

It'll be missed by its users, but it wouldn't be closing down in thr first place if it was popular enough to support itself.

Well, I don't think there will be any significant impact on the Gaming community due to the closing down of Google +. Actually, it will also have a not so significant impact on internet users as a whole. For me, personally, Google + has always been a bit confusing and mostly of no use. I am sure that many others will feel the same about the services that Google+ offered.

Google plus was so bad that nobody bothered wasting time there. I have seen most of the people sticking with the facebook and twitter. And they never really cared about Google. The reason being it was bad product. And they never listened to the users. So it was going to fail for sure.

I don't think it will have any impact at all on the gaming world really. There were much better alternatives to Google Plus for the gaming community and I'm not sure many even bothered to consider Google Plus as a gaming community platform. And even if they did, I don't think they will have any problems moving over to a new platform like Discord.

It was kind of like media lobby of people who didn't liked the Facebook. And they left now that Google plus is shutting down. You can see that they didn't do much in terms of good UI. And also didn't bothered to read the user opinion. So they were going to be closed on that note. Sites like that get closed often if they don't listen to market.

Google+ has affirmed they will close down on April second. How would you think this will influence the gaming network, will it have any effect at all? What do you think about Google's decision to close this social media network?
Good. Google + was awful. Only hardcore Google fans used it. No F's given here.

I been using Google+ lightly for years and was surprised to receive a notification that they intend to close. That said, Google plus was not really my thing. I bet I did not like the interface, plus Google hardly cares to listen even when users raise issues. So, its probably safe to say that Google plus died a natural death.

I remember some of my linux friends, that is those who used to be active in linux OS. They were making use of google plus. I think it can be pretty good to use such social media if you are into that type of interest. But overall I think there is always a good idea for the users to try out things that can be done more securely.

Google+ never really caught on, so I doubt that any big gaming communities will be affected all too much. There are far better alternatives on the market, and Google+ came in a little too late to have established itself well enough.

It'll be missed by its users, but it wouldn't be closing down in thr first place if it was popular enough to support itself.
I agree with you it will not affect the gamers too much, still, it will affect some users who were paid to share stuff on Google, for example, I was paid on Fanslave to share on Google but after they will close I will not be able to gain anymore with this task.

It has finally shut down and has no effect on gamers or blogger or any form of the people. In fact people have moved from the hangout too. And they have started using skype and other platforms now like zoom and teamspeak.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back