Discussion Ghosts of Tsushima Legends, not what I was hoping for, underwhelmed. Patch 1.12

LeeRoyBrown

Newcomer
Trophies
So I just installed the 1.12 update, turns out it's just a wave based combat game. Where you press L1 every time an enemy attacks to parry then mash Square, or you press O to dodge unblockables and then mash square, that's it, that's the game. Then you sprint to a circle, stand in it, and repeat the process. Can't say I'm interested in having another go unless someone wants to explain why that gameplay loop is so good and how doing the same thing over and over is super fun? The interaction between team mates seems quite low, outside of the ronin's healing ability. The colour palette is overblown with super bright red, bright blue and random colour effects fighting for your eyes attention it lacks all of the subtly that made the main game so good.

So I just installed the 1.12 update, turns out it's just a wave based combat game. Where you press L1 every time an enemy attacks to parry then mash Square, or you press O to dodge unblockables and then mash square, that's it, that's the game. Then you sprint to a circle, stand in it, and repeat the process. Can't say I'm interested in having another go unless someone wants to explain why that gameplay loop is so good and how doing the same thing over and over is super fun? The interaction between team mates seems quite low, outside of the ronin's healing ability. The colour palette is overblown with super bright red, bright blue and random colour effects fighting for your eyes attention it lacks all of the subtly that made the main game so good.
are you sure thats all there is to it?

I havent played it yet myself but Id hate to think that this is aaaall its turned out to be after months of hyping up this feature

After all the praise it's been getting, I would be surprised if that's all there is to it. But admittedly I haven't played it yet.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back