Recommend a good gaming chair

Bergstein

Newcomer
Trophies
I have been debating getting a good gaming chair for quite some time. I find I get a lot of neck and shoulder pain when I am sitting on the couch. Has anyone found an improvement with having a specific type of gaming chair?

If you want to save money and are looking for something cheap, then I would suggest a rocker game chair. I think I had one a while back, it was quite a while ago but it was great on my end.

Well... I never stopped to think about it because in the vast majority of the time I play lying down, haha! But... Does it make any difference? I mean, any real difference? Because I can't see any.

Whatever your reason is, I need to know your budget so I know what I'm looking for. How much are you willing to spend and do you have a Desk for your Gaming PC? Or is this something you need to buy?

If you want to save money and are looking for something cheap, then I would suggest a rocker game chair. I think I had one a while back, it was quite a while ago but it was great on my end.

Thank you for your response. Do you recall if it was comfortable and helped with neck strain? There are some pretty elaborate chairs to choose from online - that include back and neck support, but I was hoping to not pay more than $100.

Whatever your reason is, I need to know your budget so I know what I'm looking for. How much are you willing to spend and do you have a Desk for your Gaming PC? Or is this something you need to buy?

Thank you for your response - I'm hoping to spend around $100. I don't use it for gaming at a PC, but rather looking for something when I use my console. My current set up strains my neck and back, and I have seen some elaborate chairs online, but would prefer to go with something recommended for comfort and ease of strain.

Well... I never stopped to think about it because in the vast majority of the time I play lying down, haha! But... Does it make any difference? I mean, any real difference? Because I can't see any.

Ha! Maybe I should try that! It would take some re-positioning of furniture and tv, but maybe would be worth it in the end. I'll consider it - Thanks! :giggle:

I'd say try bean bag if you can. And then go for chairs. Most of the chairs on IKEA can be good. You can even ask them what type of chairs for gaming can be good. I'd say that some chairs are not that good for the usage. And it can be pretty difficult to choose what may or may not work for yourself. That;s all I can tell you.

Ha! Maybe I should try that! It would take some re-positioning of furniture and tv, but maybe would be worth it in the end. I'll consider it - Thanks! :giggle:

Well... In my opinion, playing video game lying down is always the best option because if you feel tired you don't need to change position (you're already in the best of them, haha).

Personally, I could careless about the kind of chair I'm seating in when playing any games because I can seat on just about anything and still play my games completely comfortably.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I think I'm going to try something like this - as it looks comfortable and cool, and is in my budget. ?

This looks great in my opinion, although I don't have preferences when it comes to choosing my gaming chair or seat. My couch is what I normally use for my gaming purposes and it serves me just fine.

This looks great in my opinion, although I don't have preferences when it comes to choosing my gaming chair or seat. My couch is what I normally use for my gaming purposes and it serves me just fine.

I get that - I have been using my couch for years. The only reason I am trying something different is to alleviate some neck pain I get after playing for a bit. I'll update once I have tried it out for a while . :)

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I think I'm going to try something like this - as it looks comfortable and cool, and is in my budget. ?

Good choice. I'm still using office chair and I don't feel a difference between a gaming chair and office chair. Both are comfortable in my opinion.

I remember my chair being quite comfortable as for neck strain, really can't remember if it helped me out or not.

I'm looking to 'upgrade' my gaming experience overall, be that with a new console, some nice new lighting and all that but one thing I've always looked into but never gone for is a gaming chair. Are they really worth the money over a normal chair? They do look comfy and boy do I want to be comfy but has anyone here got a gaming chair? If so which one and how is it?

I'm looking to maybe get one or two for me and my friend(s) when they come over so we can have a little gaming session together but I don't want to shell out the money if they're just not worth it!

I've never really looked into them to be honest, I'm quite happy gaming on the sofa or on the floor..

I'm guessing they're more useful for some games than others (ie. FPS)? My brother swore blind that wearing headphones whilst playing Counter-Strike on the PC helped him to hear the direction his enemies were running from. Perhaps you can get the same effect from the speakers built in to a gaming chair?

In my opinion the gaming chairs help when you are into a long gaming session or usually spend a lot of time sitting in the chair. They are designed to be comfort and I think they are more comfortable than regular chairs. Well, after all it's up to the person if they find any difference. I don't have a gaming chair because of the beefy price but if I could get one I would definitely do that.

If you have IKEA and other similar stores out there in the market. Then you may want to consider looking at the price. Also there are some custom chair shops too. So there is plenty to choose from in terms of the quality and also the price. Do visit such shops in person instead of internet browser shopping.

I looked into getting a chair last year in the summer and when visiting EGX here in the uk i managed to do some research by visting some of the stands like Overclockers especially as at the time i was using a dining room chair which was hell on my back after 2/3hrs of gaming.

In the end i picked up a cheap office chair my friend was giving away and im still trying to decide wether purchase a new seat in the future.

I'm interested in a good chair I need something more comfy then the carpet haha
I see that a lot of people have gaming chairs from DXRacer. They are also used in some big tournaments like CS:GO majors and for other games too. But they aren't cheap in my opinion - the cheapest one available is priced at $289 USD. Well, it seems the standard price for a gaming chair.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back