Is gaming a profession?

You can also earning by streaming gamess. but it takes a lot more time to gain popularity since they are so many pro players are streaming also.

I don't consider this as a profession (not at all!) and I think officially this should not be considered either. Playing video games should be seen as just a hobby and nothing more than that.

Gaming is becoming very lucrative nowadays. Playing online is earning gamers lots of money, especially if they are the best of the best. I haven't found any good leads on paying game sites, but from what I have read on numerous sites on the internet, I have definitely got to put more effort in my research. I play for fun, and bet sometimes to earn a little from gaming, but it would be nice to actually be a professional gamer and earn from it. Do you guys know any paying gaming sites?

Yes, either as an content creator or an offline profession. If your looking to succeed in the gaming industry online, you need to already have an fan base or plans to build one up for your channel. You can then earn the cash of running advertisements in your videos.

Alternatively, I know some people who participate in professional gaming tournaments which two examples include Chess and Poll.

It can definitely be accomplished with some hard dedicated work!

I honestly think that gaming is a profession, if it is not then it is definitely getting close to there. A lot of people are slowly making major money off of gaming.

Gaming is surely a profession no doubts. People are making thousands of dollars by playing. Esports games like CS:GO and DOTA 2 have large fan base.

Well some people are lucky to turn their hobby into a profession. They have commitment and passion with what they are doing. However, if you have the desires to get into that field you must do your best. It is fine to take an extra challenge but always have a reservation of acceptance in case of failure. What matters is you try and enjoy it's moment.

More and more people are getting into the review and streaming jobs. So it seems like a good option for those who are struggling with a career and want to advance further in their work. It may not always work out for those people with decent salary but if you work hard enough then it should not be that difficult.

If you had the skills, would you play for a living? If you were good enough, would you? Why or why not? If so, which sector in the gaming industry would you choose?

There is a definitely career level chance in the gaming industry. Like say playing the games and promoting it as an influencer. Playing the game professionally and earning from esports. And also writing the reviews, recording them and also getting the sponsorship. Those sort of things are part of the gaming career.

You have to be really good at a game to play for a living. I mean you have to be really good and consistent too. Any loss you have counts against you and any win you get is just a small portion of wins you need to succeed in this industry. Although there have been some really and I mean really good people to make it in the gaming industry. Such as Optic Gaming who have won countless tournaments in many different games with many different play styles. They have done amazingly well.

There are some of the sites that do pay for the content writing. And that can be a good start. Finding the right type of the article writer and the content poster say like video poster. It's not easy to find some of such sites though. But people do make use of the simple gigs and establish themselves. So starting at some point is the key.

Nope, I enjoy it too much as a hobby to make it a life job. Not to mention it wouldn't pay off well in the long run.

If gaming can make some decent income then I'd be surely going towards it as a career. So far the career as in online time investment is purely on the content side of it. I am also trying to build the instagram account. So far it can be pretty difficult if you ask me. Not a lot can be done with the influencer approach.

You have to be really good at a game to play for a living. I mean you have to be really good and consistent too. Any loss you have counts against you and any win you get is just a small portion of wins you need to succeed in this industry. Although there have been some really and I mean really good people to make it in the gaming industry. Such as Optic Gaming who have won countless tournaments in many different games with many different play styles. They have done amazingly well.
Now as much as I agree, there is a bit of a problem here. Yeah winning will get you far, but you have to have some kind of personality too I think, without it you can be the best, but you might not be the most entertaining to watch. That's purely on YT and Twitch, for a professional gamer, who will make money only from gaming tournaments then winning is everything.

I have seen people on twitch always online playing. And some of the time they also hire the other people to play for them. And it has become pretty difficult to earn the consistent playing the game. Not all gamers can be rich like that. But if you can make your mark then yes that is possible to some extent.

It would be good if I was able to make a large amount of money. Why not do something you love as a job? It would be extremely fun although I would be slightly worried I would get bored of certain games

I think writing article about the games and then making money off that writing career can be a good job. But the thing is that not a lot of people can make the gaming as a career from what I have seen so far.

You can also earning by streaming gamess. but it takes a lot more time to gain popularity since they are so many pro players are streaming also.
The problem is not all streams get paid. plus the people who are into streaming require better internet connection. And they need to regularly stream to have ads on their system. So it can be pretty difficult to keep up with stuff.

I'm sure everyone here would love to make gaming a career and make money from it. Unfortunately, it's not exactly the easiest option. With so many streamers out there, it's hard to become popular nowadays.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back