Is gaming a profession?

rockpen23

Newcomer
Trophies
Many of us probably have heard that you can't make a career out of video games and that is absolutely not true don't let anyone tell you otherwise now of course you may not agree that many of us treat gaming as a profession but making a benchmark in a specific games can be advantageous because of lots of promotions and opportunities. :p

It might not sound too inspirational but you can do anything you set your mind to and don't let people tell you otherwise yes of course making it into video games is really really hard but if you got a good idea some passion the willingness to work really hard and the will to develop the skill and never stop learning is already your asset. ;)

Many of us probably have heard that you can't make a career out of video games and that is absolutely not true don't let anyone tell you otherwise now of course you may not agree that many of us treat gaming as a profession but making a benchmark in a specific games can be advantageous because of lots of promotions and opportunities. :p

It might not sound too inspirational but you can do anything you set your mind to and don't let people tell you otherwise yes of course making it into video games is really really hard but if you got a good idea some passion the willingness to work really hard and the will to develop the skill and never stop learning is already your asset. ;)

Well, i agree that one can make good money out of playing games these days. You can also earn a lot of money through posting videos on gaming on your Youtube channel. Many guys are earning huge amount of money trough there online gaming presence. However, i play games just as a hobby and for my own entertainment. I dont think i will bw able to earn through my gaming experience as i am not seriously into it like other guys.

For me gaming is not a career. It's just a hobby. So enjoy gaming on your free time.

I think, not all can make money out of gaming, because almost all I know, they are the one spending money for a game. So it's more of a making money for those who are passionate of creating or develoving new games, or in any case there are games that are free to play but in return you can earn money. It's a matter of doing research nowadays.

Well personally I have never tried to play games for money since most of the time I am playing it for fun and entertainment but of course I am open for playing it to have some extra money if someone will offer me such a kind of opportunity to earn while at the same time enjoying. I had been trying to find some site that would give me some extra income while playing some games but sadly I cannot find any one of them.

Well, if you could do it why not? I'm going to congratulate you man if ever this is your reality. there is no better job than the one where you got to enjoy it while earning real cash. If I would be offered an opportunity like this, I would definitely take it man. This is like living the dream situation.

In my opinion, the money comes to those who create games and not the ones who play the game. I earn money from different tasks and I searched on the Internet to find sites that pays for playing games but I could not find any.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I feel like you can make money out of practically anything these days, especially with the continous growth of the internet and social media. On the other hand, being a professional gamer is not for anyone. You have to be really good at it, you have to invest plenty of money on equipment and you need to have a big following/presence on social media beforehand. None of those things come easily. I think that making an income like that is pretty awesome though.

I have not tried this, however, I hear that there are a game testing jobs available and the games can make money by testing games. I have seen a lot of videos on YouTube that basically deals with tips and tricks on games. These videos have a lot of views. If you can create tutorial videos, you can also make money as a gamer.

I think you can make a career out of anything - assuming you know the skill and can implement the business side of it (making a business, getting hired etc.). OK, this is the case most of the time - assuming there is enough demand.

Do you think gaming is also one kind of profession? For me, yes because as we define profession, a profession is anything of which you can earn from it, and anything which you have the passion to do. Even though you didn't have the education to pass or to study but I guess the number of hours you actually played the game, all in all, will be the basis of your career if you try to pursue it in professional gaming path.

Do you think gaming is also one kind of profession? For me, yes because as we define profession, a profession is anything of which you can earn from it, and anything which you have the passion to do. Even though you didn't have the education to pass or to study but I guess the number of hours you actually played the game, all in all, will be the basis of your career if you try to pursue it in professional gaming path.

Well, for me gaming has always been one of my favourite hobbies. I have never looked at it as a source of earning money. However , people are looking at gaming as a profession and are successfully earning from there online gaming activities.I would say that if you are good at it and if you are able to give time for it then you should try your hand at it.

I know people who live by playing board games such as chess at a professional level. It looks and sounds like fun and I wish I had the time to develop such skills.

I have heard of people making money by testing games or streaming games. I have also watched a lot of game tutorials and cheats on Youtube and these gamers are making money out of passion. For these people, gaming can be a profession. However, just by spending time playing games, you cannot call it a profession.

It's a dream coming true, you might drink, but it's also a duty, nonetheless. You cant just quit in the middle. Personally as a gamer I made money once back in 2014-15, and it was fun. But very obligatory because I didn't make it through streams, but rather ESL contests.

It definitely is a profession, and, for many, it is a dream come true. But the competition is very big and you really have to dedicate yourself to it. It is a lifestyle. To be a good professional gamer and to maintain a level of gameplay gamers play from 10 to 15-16 hours each day. That is a lot more time than people dedicate to some other "regular" professions. But, on the other hand, you are playing a game that you love (or at least used to love) :)

As I said on one of my previous comments, these days you can earn money from almost everything! You don't even need to go out of the house anymore. If you're good at something, earning money from it sounds perfectly reasonable.

I'm pretty amazed with those who are able to earn money by playing a game and turn it into a profession. I mean, they get to do what they love and they are being paid for it. What more could you ask for?

I have seen some people who have taken gaming to another level and they have somehow become a star in the gaming franchise. In my opinion, it's more about discovering your innate gaming skills set and see if it's capable of competing at a professional level.

I kind of feel envy of those who play the games through streams and make money. I mean that is the most exciting job one can have. And the earning through that is also pretty exciting and fun. I may have to find a way to earn from the gaming like this. But I have no clue on where to start and how to manage the ads etc.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back