Gaming as a profession?

beth466

Do you think gaming is also one kind of profession? For me, yes because as we define profession, a profession is anything of which you can earn from it, and anything which you have the passion to do. Even though you didn't have the education to pass or to study but I guess the number of hours you actually played the game, all in all, will be the basis of your career if you try to pursue it in professional gaming path.

jpk0007

Do you think gaming is also one kind of profession? For me, yes because as we define profession, a profession is anything of which you can earn from it, and anything which you have the passion to do. Even though you didn't have the education to pass or to study but I guess the number of hours you actually played the game, all in all, will be the basis of your career if you try to pursue it in professional gaming path.
Well, for me gaming has always been one of my favourite hobbies. I have never looked at it as a source of earning money. However , people are looking at gaming as a profession and are successfully earning from there online gaming activities.I would say that if you are good at it and if you are able to give time for it then you should try your hand at it.

phanuruch

I know people who live by playing board games such as chess at a professional level. It looks and sounds like fun and I wish I had the time to develop such skills.

egghead

I have heard of people making money by testing games or streaming games. I have also watched a lot of game tutorials and cheats on Youtube and these gamers are making money out of passion. For these people, gaming can be a profession. However, just by spending time playing games, you cannot call it a profession.

Bravosi

It's a dream coming true, you might drink, but it's also a duty, nonetheless. You cant just quit in the middle. Personally as a gamer I made money once back in 2014-15, and it was fun. But very obligatory because I didn't make it through streams, but rather ESL contests.

chi92

It definitely is a profession, and, for many, it is a dream come true. But the competition is very big and you really have to dedicate yourself to it. It is a lifestyle. To be a good professional gamer and to maintain a level of gameplay gamers play from 10 to 15-16 hours each day. That is a lot more time than people dedicate to some other "regular" professions. But, on the other hand, you are playing a game that you love (or at least used to love) :)

GioMatos

As I said on one of my previous comments, these days you can earn money from almost everything! You don't even need to go out of the house anymore. If you're good at something, earning money from it sounds perfectly reasonable.

bphlover

I'm pretty amazed with those who are able to earn money by playing a game and turn it into a profession. I mean, they get to do what they love and they are being paid for it. What more could you ask for?

Anachiwo

I have seen some people who have taken gaming to another level and they have somehow become a star in the gaming franchise. In my opinion, it's more about discovering your innate gaming skills set and see if it's capable of competing at a professional level.

I don't consider this as a profession (not at all!) and I think officially this should not be considered either. Playing video games should be seen as just a hobby and nothing more than that.

Kieranlewix

Gaming is becoming very lucrative nowadays. Playing online is earning gamers lots of money, especially if they are the best of the best. I haven't found any good leads on paying game sites, but from what I have read on numerous sites on the internet, I have definitely got to put more effort in my research. I play for fun, and bet sometimes to earn a little from gaming, but it would be nice to actually be a professional gamer and earn from it. Do you guys know any paying gaming sites?

Yes, either as an content creator or an offline profession. If your looking to succeed in the gaming industry online, you need to already have an fan base or plans to build one up for your channel. You can then earn the cash of running advertisements in your videos.

Alternatively, I know some people who participate in professional gaming tournaments which two examples include Chess and Poll.

It can definitely be accomplished with some hard dedicated work!

Lizardbro

I honestly think that gaming is a profession, if it is not then it is definitely getting close to there. A lot of people are slowly making major money off of gaming.

polker

Gaming is surely a profession no doubts. People are making thousands of dollars by playing. Esports games like CS:GO and DOTA 2 have large fan base.

Jelineex

Well some people are lucky to turn their hobby into a profession. They have commitment and passion with what they are doing. However, if you have the desires to get into that field you must do your best. It is fine to take an extra challenge but always have a reservation of acceptance in case of failure. What matters is you try and enjoy it's moment.

Nova

More and more people are getting into the review and streaming jobs. So it seems like a good option for those who are struggling with a career and want to advance further in their work. It may not always work out for those people with decent salary but if you work hard enough then it should not be that difficult.