Games developer reveals PS5 launch is "less than 4 weeks away"

ps5-to-be-unveiled-in-february-reveals-developer.jpg

In a day of console related news, the latest scrap we’ve found comes from a games developer who claims that the launch of the anticipated PlayStation 5 is “less than 4 weeks away”. Games developer, David Scott Jaffe, who is known for his work on the God of War games – has claimed that Sony will be launching the console next month.

He tweeted: “PS5 reveal is less than 4 weeks away."

“Sony knows hard core gamers are hanging on every scrap of info and know that just cause [Microsoft] dominates the conversation at the moment, that's an easy thing to change when they are ready to reveal (assuming the reveal is good).”

When questioned whether this launch date had been confirmed or was merely speculation, Mr Jaffe joked that it’s the ‘worst kept secret in games at the moment.’

He added: “I want to say it's the worst kept secret in games right now. February reveal like they did for PS4." If his claims are correct, they would fit in well with the launch timeline for the PlayStation 4.The PS4 was unveiled at an event in February 2013, before being released in November the same year

Who else is settling in for a February reveal?

I wonder how true is that. I have seen a lot of games getting delayed. So it seems like it may be after April for sure.

I wonder how true is that. I have seen a lot of games getting delayed. So it seems like it may be after April for sure.

Well I think the actual 'launch' of the PlayStation 5 will be still going ahead in February - seems like something Sony wouldn't put off just because a couple games are behind schedule in my eyes. I could be wrong of course but I don't see any of the delayed games as being Sony exclusives but you never know. I'm a Microsoft boy myself though so I'm rooting for the XBOX SX to have a better launch but I really think Sony will be running them close or even producing something better this year. Can't wait!

If E3 is not happening and some of the games are being released late. I am guessing a lot of them are being tested for PS5 before release it seems.

At this time, all mention delayed games are for PS4, not PS5. Which to my knowledge there are few or none games announced for PS5.

Also someone may want to fix this article, reveal and launch are two different meanings. The PS5 is supposed to launch this coming holiday season, but I can see them revealing it next month.

I think those games which are delayed would be reworked to be tested for PS5. Because I am guessing sony didn't mentioned the release date and SDK. But now developers have it now, there will be update on the same.

I think those games which are delayed would be reworked to be tested for PS5. Because I am guessing sony didn't mentioned the release date and SDK. But now developers have it now, there will be update on the same.

hopefully not, reworking them will just mean a lot more development time instead of getting them out and working on something new and original.

I think SDK wise there must not be much work Hopefully because graphics assets don't change but only the code side.

I can't wait for the reveal. It's going to be a little crazy on social media with all the new generation memes and stuff. It will also be quite interesting to see what new features will be available and some more news on backwards compatibility will be amazing.

I can't wait for the reveal. It's going to be a little crazy on social media with all the new generation memes and stuff. It will also be quite interesting to see what new features will be available and some more news on backwards compatibility will be amazing.

I really do hope PS5's backwards compatibility goes all the way to PS1, that would be awesome.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back