How do gamers cope with back pain?

Chris Valandil

Trophies
Hey everyone, as a gamer myself I’m currently trying to figure out how one could make the lives of gamers a lot easier.

Two questions for my fellow gamers out there:

1.) As a gamer, are you experiencing issues with backpain? If yes, what are your biggest limitations because of it?

2.) Regarding backpain, what would you wish for more than anything else? Have you tried to fix it already?

Write your answers below, I’m curious and looking forward to them. :x

GGs

1) No, not necessarily. Sometimes when I play games (usually on the PS4), I end up with a slightly painful neck, but not my back.
2) Theoretically, if I had back pain, I'd want a good gaming chair with excellent lumbar support.

xenonVirus. I'm lucky to not have backpain, but then again, I'm just a teenager.

Last edited:
I do have back pain, but its more of a family issue and from me never picking things up right.

and I have gone to a chiropractor to get myself realigned.

Do you know any good exercises for back pain and also for the shoulder and other wrist exercises. I think it'd be good as a new thread.

Do you know any good exercises for back pain and also for the shoulder and other wrist exercises. I think it'd be good as a new thread.

best thing I've found is sitting in a chair that gives good back support.

I think it depends. Office chairs after some time can cause pain because your back wants to be relaxed which often can't in the office chair if we compare the gaming time.

I think it depends. Office chairs after some time can cause pain because your back wants to be relaxed which often can't in the office chair if we compare the gaming time.

I can attest to this, but after all day of standing on my feet and coming home to my recliner, it seems sometimes my back doesn't adjust right to it.

I think some offices have that standing desk which is a need these days for those who work on computer all day. I think for those people this can be a good option.

I think some offices have that standing desk which is a need these days for those who work on computer all day. I think for those people this can be a good option.

Yeah I've seen them, they can be pretty nice, though not sure if I can just stand in one spot for very long without getting antsy.

Yeah that may be an issue. I think standing desk are meant as temp replacement. And not meant to be standing all day. It's kind of rotation between the desk and the standing desk.

As far as I remember I haven't received any backpain from sitting on the chair while gaming. But I'm still pretty young and that is why maybe. Just don't bent over too much and you will be fine I think.

I think if you stay on couch long enough, your back starts to develop the rest position. And then after some time standing up and then other positions starts to bore you and also that habits gains you weight.

I’m a streamer on Twitch and use a generic office chair right now, and it is so uncomfortable! I’m saving up for a gaming chair. Which gaming chair would y’all recommend?

Hi,

I get neck ache from time to time so I just limit gaming time or have a 15min break.

Jay

I’m a streamer on Twitch and use a generic office chair right now, and it is so uncomfortable! I’m saving up for a gaming chair. Which gaming chair would y’all recommend?

It depends on a variety of factors. What's your budget that you're aiming for? Do you need any specialized support for your spine or back?
Here is a website which may be helpful.

xenonVirus. FWIW, I think that DXRacer have great gaming chairs. Just my 2¢.

Last edited:
As another member mentioned above, how much money you are looking to spend on a gaming chair? I would recommend having a look at AKRacing or DXRacer. Those seems to be good, at least as far as I'm informed. I once tried Arrozi and they feel comfortable as well.

I sit in front of a laptop all day long, so my eyesight is pretty bad now. In general, you're meant to have a break like every hour.

Hi,

I get neck ache from time to time so I just limit gaming time or have a 15min break.

Jay
Yes one has to take some time out. When it comes out to back pain and finger pain then I guess more than 30 min break needs to be there.

I could make jokes about how I usually experience a flattening of my arse, disengaging from reality and bleeding eyes, but in all seriousness it's important, especially on PC's, to sit comfortably. I usually do my PC gaming on laptop and without the stand/cooler I use I'd struggle to play for more than a few minutes at time. A decent chair for a desktop is all but essential and not something to skimp on.

Last edited:
I also had the piles issue because of too much sitting on chair. And was advised to move more and also go out in the playground with some outdoor sports activity. I have decided to take that advice seriously.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back