Video game tester jobs - Earn money for testing video games

nomad

Trophies
I hear that you can earn money by testing games. Has anyone in this community tried making money by testing games? I have seen a couple if game testing jobs on freelancing sites, however, these were low paid jobs. Does anyone know a proper site where we can find game testing jobs?

I tried to apply for such job once, but it appears to me that the demand is way too high. These positions are extremely wanted and not many people can be lucky to get such a job.

I tried to apply for such job once, but it appears to me that the demand is way too high. These positions are extremely wanted and not many people can be lucky to get such a job.
When I google, I can see a lot of sites offering game testing jobs. Since I have never tried these sites, I do not know whether these are legit or not. I am looking for first-hand experience on these jobs. By the way, where did you try a game testing job?

There are plenty of game tester options out there. Problem is that the gaming company have to pick you up. That is what decides the projects and the cost they are willing to pay you. Some cases where you can test android games on your phone and earn some money in the process. It may not be much for sure.

There are plenty of game tester options out there. Problem is that the gaming company have to pick you up. That is what decides the projects and the cost they are willing to pay you. Some cases where you can test android games on your phone and earn some money in the process. It may not be much for sure.
So basically, you do not get the game to test, you will be picked by the developer. If that is the case, what are the criteria for being accepted as a game tester? I mean what kind of skills and experience they are looking for?

Criteria usually is if you have youtube channel or instagram where you show your game skills. And they take things from there. More your followers, better it is for them to promote the game. So they pick you on that basis. And if there are low level testing jobs, then they pick users through testing sites.

So, we need an active youtube channels or social media accounts where we are posting about games. In my opinion, one of the major requirements you need as a game tester is to have passion for gaming. If you are not passionate, you are not a good gamer. Secondly, you also need to have a lot of experience playing various kind of games. If you have experience, you can easily review a game.

I found a site a long time ago but it didn't work out. It's not exactly an easy thing to do especially if you are expecting to be testing out well-known triple-A gaming titles. Those types of games will always have people in the companies themselves that can game test for them and they won't just hire someone from the internet. Although, you might be able to get some smaller jobs for new apps and games on mobile to test out.

If you do a Google search, you can find a lot of game testing site. However, I am not willing to join a site just because it is highly ranked on Google search. I am looking for recommendations from real people, the recommendations from the people who have actually worked and earned rewards for testing.

I've tried looking for these kinds of game testing jobs before, they really are not easy to find, especially the more legit ones. ?

best bet would be an advert from the developer themselves or a referal by someone else. ?

I hear that you can earn money by testing games. Has anyone in this community tried making money by testing games? I have seen a couple if game testing jobs on freelancing sites, however, these were low paid jobs. Does anyone know a proper site where we can find game testing jobs?
Yes, it is possible to earn money by testing games. In fact, there are many companies that hire game testers to help them find bugs and other issues in their games before they are released to the public.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back