Gamasutra: Nintendo working with suppliers to boost Switch production in 2020

Ana

Trophies
Nikkei received word from suppliers involved in the production process that Nintendo has reached out about manufacturing more Switch consoles during April and June, though a Nintendo representative tells the site that not everything is set in stone quite yet.

“We hope [suppliers] will be responsive to the production increase, but for procurement of some parts, the outlook remains uncertain, and we can't forecast exactly how many Switches can be supplied,” reads that statement to Nikkei.

That 10 percent increase aims to build on the 20 million consoles manufactured during 2019, and comes as demand continues to outweigh supply for the handheld home console

One thing I've got to say is I'm extremely proud of how well the Switch sales are doing. They suffered a real disappointment last generation with the Wii U. The sales were not very good at all. Though the Switch sales this go round have been very impressive. With them taking advantage of what's going on in the world to boost there revenue I have to say I'm proud they are breaking the bank though it is sad about the corona virus. May there sales continue this way.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back