Discussion Frostpunk is 60% off on Steam

_Al

Newcomer
Trophies
Picked this up on the Steam sale. Had my eye on it for a while now but wanted to wait for a discount. Wish I hadn't waited! One of the most engaging, personal, desolate games I've played.

If you've never heard of Frostpunk, it's a city builder with a difference. Set after the end of the world, and endless winter. You're tasked with keeping your population alive whilst building and exploiting the surrounding environment. Decisions matter. Make the wrong choice and people die or get upset with you.

This is when I sent my beacon up allowing the area to be explored: Steam Community :: Screenshot

Thoroughly recommended.

Does sound engaging, reminds me of a old PS1 game where you were a cave man during the winter season.

I love city builders and simulations like that a lot.
I'll check it out and watch some Let's Plays. Frostpunk seems very interesting! Interested to try it out.

I've wanted to play it since I saw one of my favorite streamers mess about with it, but it has always been just outside of the reach of my wallet. I put $100 into my Steam wallet each year and then buy games on sale from there - might add more for a major AAA game. Even on sale this game is usually $40, so I can't go there. Trying to be frugal.

Big sale, I have some people that brought it and also seen others streaming it again. I have seen videos and long term streamers and I do enjoy what I see. Like to see some cool updates for this game :)

And no I haven't got the game

That's a good deal tbf. I might check this game out.

I'm currently alt-tabbing between Frostpunk and forums.

I don't want to spoil it for you if you do decide to grab a copy but I'm playing through the first scenario and things are getting tense.

Difficult to describe. It's a city builder at its core but your task is to keep your citizens alive against the severe cold. Resources are collected - coal, wood, iron, raw food and used to create buildings, houses, medical facilities, food production centres. Coal is burned to keep the generator burning. This sits at the centre of your city and generates heat to stop people freezing to death.

You can send out Scouts to search for survivors and resources. The entire scenario was only 41 days so you don't have concerns around demographics, just the bitter cold.

Difficult to describe. It's a city builder at its core but your task is to keep your citizens alive against the severe cold. Resources are collected - coal, wood, iron, raw food and used to create buildings, houses, medical facilities, food production centres. Coal is burned to keep the generator burning. This sits at the centre of your city and generates heat to stop people freezing to death.

You can send out Scouts to search for survivors and resources. The entire scenario was only 41 days so you don't have concerns around demographics, just the bitter cold.
Niice, it sounds like my kind of game. I'll get myself a copy! Thanks for the recommendation!

Cool. Let me know what you think. And don’t get disheartened when your generator explodes and everyone dies.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back