Fortnite next-gen improvements detailed by Epic Games

fortnite-ps5-xbox-series-x-series-s.jpg

Fortnite next-gen improvements have been detailed by developer Epic Games.

The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game will run at 4K resolution and 60 FPS (frames per second), with split screen supporting 60FPS as well. The title will also support “dynamic visuals and physics” making for a “more dynamic and interactive world”. The Xbox Series S version will run at 1080p and 60 FPS.

The PS5 version will also offer up “DualSense controller immersion,” with haptic feed back integrated for ranged weapons. It will allow PS5 users to launch their favourite Fortnite mode right from the Home screen.

Finally, Fortnite will offer up reduced loading times on all three consoles.

There were no details mentioning ray-tracing on next-gen consoles, though the feature was recently added to PC.

Fortnite is available on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Windows PC. It heads to PS5, Xbox Series X and Series S at launch.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I won't be returning to the game though, they lost me a while back.

I liked the game a lot before it was Battle Royale. I prefer co-op to pvp.

Shame that even if Fortnite gets onto PS5 and Xbox Series X, no one can actually play it on those consoles until next year.

I mean, looking at its popularity and the sales myself, I don't think people can get their hands on PS5 Fortnite until mid-2021. I'd even go as far as to say that it wouldn't be possible until March or April.

Shame that even if Fortnite gets onto PS5 and Xbox Series X, no one can actually play it on those consoles until next year.

I mean, looking at its popularity and the sales myself, I don't think people can get their hands on PS5 Fortnite until mid-2021. I'd even go as far as to say that it wouldn't be possible until March or April.
I was lucky enough to track down a Series X through Best Buy to preorder. Haven’t had that luck with the PS5, still trying though. But I am loving my Series X, phenomenal system.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back