Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has issued a stay at home order for the entire state. The order goes into effect tomorrow

Nat

Trophies
News: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has issued a stay at home order for the entire state. The order goes into effect tomorrow and will last for at least 30 days.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) – Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order Wednesday in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m going to be doing an executive order today directing all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary,” he said. “To obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.”

The governor had been facing growing pressure to issue a statewide stay-at-home order. Thirteen lawmakers who represent Florida penned a letter to the governor this week urging him to issue the order.

DeSantis said Tuesday he has been in touch with the White House coronavirus task force and members had not recommended a statewide shutdown.

“I’m in contact with them and basically I’ve said, ‘are you guys recommending this?’ The task force has not recommended that to me,” he said. “If they do, obviously that would be something that would carry a lot of weight with me.”

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back