Final Fantasy VII Remake Ultimania Interview w/ Kitase and Nomura

Ana

Trophies
Q: How many parts will the remake be?
Kitase: We have a general idea of how the story will play out, but we haven't decided exactly [how many parts], nor can we confirm anything. There's speculation that it will be 3 parts, but we're just doing things one step at a time.
Q: When will the next part release?
Nomura: Depends on how many parts the overall story will be. If we divide the story into large parts, it'll take longer to make. If we divide it into more detailed smaller sections, then developing it will be faster. I hope to release the next one ASAP.
Q: How was the final boss of FF7R Part 1 chosen?
Nomura: We wanted to have the last boss fight take place at the highway in Midgar, which arises questions that I cannot answer. There is a character who’s alive, which leads to a great mystery.
Q: How will the story of Remake be different from the original?
Kitase: We’re not drastically changing the story and making it into something completely different than the original. Even though it’s a Remake, please assume the story of FF7 will continue as FF7 always has.
Q: How did you go about developing the various scenarios in the Remake?
Nomura: When I requested a scenario to Nojima, I first thought “if I am to create the FFVII Remake, I would like to do it this way.” I then conveyed my ideas to him. During that phase, I planned for this to be more than just a mere “Remake”.

Nojima: As for me, I knew that even though at the very core, this story is about Cloud, the works from the “Compilation of FFVII” have greatly increased over the years, and I wanted to make something that takes all of the works from that and combines it into one. Each person who played FFVII has their own vision of a remake and I wanted to preserve that too. The results of those feelings are shown in FFVII Remake’s story. These were all ideas I had, so in the beginning I would show it to Nomura-san and do my best to explain them so that he wouldn’t reject them. [laughs]
Q: At the end of the game, the words “The Unknown Journey Will Continue” show up on screen. What does that mean?
Nomura: Initially, there was another sentence we were going to use instead, but under various circumstances we decided to change it to what it is now. Kitase told me that it should be something which connects to what lies beyond the ending. Some might think that the meaning of the sentence is unsettling, but we already took that into consideration.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back