Final Fantasy VII Remake delayed to April 2020

ff7-remake-demo-logo.png

Square Enix has confirmed Final Fantasy VII Remake has been delayed to April 2020.

A statement from producer, Yoshinori Kitase, begins:
“We know that so many of you are looking forward to the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake and have been waiting patiently to experience what we have been working on. In order to ensure we deliver a game that is in-line with our vision, and the quality that our fans who have been waiting for deserve, we have decided to move the release date to April 10, 2020.”
“We are making this tough decision in order to give ourselves a few extra weeks to apply final polish to the game and to deliver you with the best possible experience. I, on behalf of the whole team, want to apologize to everyone, as I know this means waiting for the game just a little bit longer.”
The one year platform-exclusive Final Fantasy VII Remake was originally scheduled for a 3 March 2020 release on PS4 and is now expected on 10 April 2020.

Oh, well. It's not like any of us really wanted a delay, but this is a good thing.

They delayed it so they could focus on some last-minute changes and help make the game better, which is good for us.

After all, no one really wants to play a buggy, glitchy game.

Oh, well. It's not like any of us really wanted a delay, but this is a good thing.

They delayed it so they could focus on some last-minute changes and help make the game better, which is good for us.

After all, no one really wants to play a buggy, glitchy game.
Yeah I totally agree. Even though it can be disappointing to hear it’s been delayed, at the same time, it’s better they have. I’d like to see it do well with these last minute changes!

Still not as devastating as when they delayed the release date for FF 15, greatest epic fail in SE history.

Anyways, I'm waiting to play this on PS5, so I'm in no rush.

However have you noticed that the game delaying goes to show that they have considered the FF 7 remake low key over other things?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back