News Famitsu interviews Japanese game devs on 2021 ambitions

Rum

Trophies
Famitsu-Creator-Interviews_12-26-20.jpg

Famitsu has gone up with its end-of-year creator interviews. The website interviewed 110 creators, many of which tease plans for 2021.

Get the roundup of newsworthy bits below.
■ Bandai Namco Entertainment

Manabu Shimomoto

Keywords for 2021: “Challenge!”

What’s New: “While keeping an eye on the state of the world, I’d like to carry out the plans for the Ace Combat series’ 25th anniversary that were scheduled for 2020, but unfortunately weren’t realized, though in a different form. Please continue to support the Ace Combat series!”
Kensuke Tsukanaka

Keywords for 2021: “Growth.”

What’s New: “I’m anticipating the day that I can announce the title I’m developing to everyone, and steadily advancing on preparations.”
Junzo Hosoi

Keywords for 2021: “Reboot.”

Ambitions for 2021: “The Gust brand will take on various challenges in 2021, including a cross-media project! There are some titles that we weren’t able to announce last year, so please look forward to them.”
Keisuke Kikuchi

Keywords for 2021: “Rebuild.”

Ambitions for 2021: “2020 was a year where things that were normal were no longer normal. I’d like to look at what’s important and what I love once more, and create a game with a fresh perspective. 2021 is also the 20th anniversary of the Fatal Frame series, so I’d like to celebrate it in some way if possible.”

What’s New: “We’re working hard to announce some titles by spring. We’re developing a wide range of titles, from those currently under adjustment to those with pending names.”
Katsura Hashino

Keywords for 2021: “Silence.”

Ambitions for 2021: “With last year’s novel coronavirus causing swift change throughout the world, all we can do is continue focusing on our work. Our title in development is going through an important phase and we want to face it head on in order to deliver some interesting gameplay to the world.”

What’s New: “I’d like to announce the title we’re developing as soon as possible. We’ve previously created contemporary dramas, but please look forward to the ‘fantasy RPG’ we’re taking on next.”
■ Kadokawa Games

Yoshimi Yasuda

Keywords for 2021: “Release a new title and two remastered titles.”

2021 Ambition: “For the past two years, I’ve been working as hard as I can with the God Wars development team, which I direct, on the production of a new title and remastered titles. We’re currently developing three titles, two of which will be announced in 2021. And if possible, we’ll release those two titles as well. It’ll take a bit more time, but please look forward to it.”

What’s New: “The God Wars team is becoming a development studio with quite the number of people. We’ve recently been even more revitalized with the addition of newcomers and veteran developers alike, and the team atmosphere is quite good. We’ll deliver some good stuff with this staff.”
Yoshinori Kitase

Keywords for 2021: “The story will connect…”

What’s New: “Future Final Fantasy VII developments are in preparation. But please wait a little while longer for details.”
Yousuke Saito

Keywords for 2021: “NieR.”

What’s New: “I’m working on NieR for just a little while longer. Then there’s also Babylon’s Fall and a completely new title. I’m pretty busy…”
Noriyoshi Fujimoto

Keywords for 2021: “Changelessness.”

Ambitions for 2021: “Dragon Quest will celebrate its 35th anniversary, so I hope to be able to announce something.”

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back