Fallout 76 - Some love through all the hate

LividJay

Trophies
As a huge fan of the Fallout series, I pre-ordered Fallout 76. There has been a lot of hate spread around about this game, some of it warranted, but it's not all that bad. First off, there was a large group of people who hated it before they even played it. They went into it with a chip on their shoulder. They were never even going to give it a chance. Yes, there are bugs. Yes, Bethesda dropped the ball on the quality of the bag for the special edition. Yes, Bethesda screwed up with the glitch in their system that revealed personal data on those users. But the game itself is actually pretty fun. If you go into the game with expectations of it being like other Fallout games, you probably won't have fun. If you go into it knowing that it's an MMORPG, where you can do lots of exploration and make up your own stories, you'll probably really enjoy it. Especially when some of the bugs get ironed out. Either way, it's fun to play, especially when you have a group of friends to join you on your adventures.

A recent patch for Fallout 76 reintroduced problems that had already been fixed in a previous patch. But in an ironic twist, Bethesda's hotfix to take care of the issue again introduced a bug that's even worse. The problem appears to be ongoing, so it's difficult to tell when a new fix will be issued to fix the issues caused by the fix to the fix.

The truth is that some programmers don't really care about their fans, they don't even know what they are doing. When they try to fix one problem or glitch, they end up creating a new horrible one.

The truth is that some programmers don't really care about their fans, they don't even know what they are doing. When they try to fix one problem or glitch, they end up creating a new horrible one.
I agree.

I never gotten the chance to play the game but I might have to give it a chance in the future.

I never gotten the chance to play the game but I might have to give it a chance in the future.
It's worth a shot. It still has a lot of hate and, admittedly, I haven't played it in quite a while. A few of my friends have been playing it though and said it has gotten much better.

What is your platform?
I also installed and played Fallout 76 in xbox one and I have no issues regarding glitch or bugs.
This is the reason why I dont immediately played game sequels or expansion within months of its release because of bugs and glitch that greatly affects my gaming experience.

In my case, I usually make a report regarding such glitch and errors backed up eith screenshots if possible. Most of the popular gaming company had excellent game support that is available 24/7. But sometimes if the glitch is still fresh, the support center is flooded with complaints thats why the services is suspended until the errors or bugs is updated.

Well, if it is at least a little like the other fallout games, with having an open world and character creation, then it is worth a shot.

Well, if it is at least a little like the other fallout games, with having an open world and character creation, then it is worth a shot.
One of the complaints people have is that there are no human NPC's. There's very little to the story telling. And that also makes me sad.

One of the complaints people have is that there are no human NPC's. There's very little to the story telling. And that also makes me sad.
Ah, well that is unfortunate. I kind of like an open world with a story and intractable NPCs.

Started playing this morning, the games is pretty decent. It plays just like fallout 4 honestly. I would not have fun playing this game by myself, you really need friends to make this sort of game fun. This is the kind of game you joke around and goof off with while playing with your friends.

Started playing this morning, the games is pretty decent. It plays just like fallout 4 honestly. I would not have fun playing this game by myself, you really need friends to make this sort of game fun. This is the kind of game you joke around and goof off with while playing with your friends.
Well, that makes me less tempted to try it out now. I really prefer games where you don't have to soley rely on a in-game party for fun.

Well, that makes me less tempted to try it out now. I really prefer games where you don't have to soley rely on a in-game party for fun.
I recommend watching some various streams or YouTube videos of gameplay before making a decision. You can certainly have fun by yourself, but the way the game is designed, it's quite lonely.

I recommend watching some various streams or YouTube videos of gameplay before making a decision. You can certainly have fun by yourself, but the way the game is designed, it's quite lonely.
Yeah, I usually look to online gameplay before really getting a game. At least most of the time.

I have noticed that Fallout 76 seems to have undergone some of the patches for the mobile too. Though mobiles chiby version is kind of low key. And I'd not take that serious. But expected the PC version to perform. It seems like they are going to through recurring issues with the patches and bugs. Hope that changes soon.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back