Facebook to Introduce an App for Gaming

Ana

Trophies
merlin_171683478_6ded38c3-0138-401c-9a74-7019d7042d1c-superJumbo.jpg

Facebook plans to introduce the Facebook Gaming mobile app on Monday, the social network said, in its most decisive move into the video game business as people seek entertainment during the pandemic.

The free app caps several years of investment at Facebook, which said more than 700 million of its 2.5 billion monthly users already engaged with gaming content. The app is designed largely for creating and watching live gameplay, a fast-growing online sector where Facebook is battling Amazon’s Twitch, Google’s YouTube and Microsoft’s Mixer services.

With much of the world urged or ordered to stay home during the coronavirus outbreak, the $160 billion global games business is booming. Facebook originally intended to release the app in June but accelerated its plans as the quarantine’s scope became clear.

“Investing in gaming in general has become a priority for us because we see gaming as a form of entertainment that really connects people,” said Fidji Simo, head of the Facebook app, who reports to the Silicon Valley company’s chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg. “It’s entertainment that’s not just a form of passive consumption but entertainment that is interactive and brings people together.”

I wonder if it is just for the gameplay viewing. I would love to have access to the game streaming through app like this and it would be lot better and more controlled over the stream. Currently the limit is there due to the streamlabs being only one that has this feature.

Well, if people like that, I'm fine with it - and I'm sure they are since FB is so popular. Anyway, many are angry at FB's monopolization of everything, kind of like they are angry with McDonald's, but ultimately capitalism is about "what's popular" and that stuff is!

Well, will there be ones also for other social media platforms? I mean, Instagram is becoming way more popular these days then what it was.

Not bad. I know a lot of people are who addicted to facebook games. It interest me they are making a general app. They got this farm game my family is too addicted to. I don't see how they play that as it seems so boring to me. But this app will probably be popular. It reminds me of the way Discord sets up it's side panels to tell you what game your friends are playing.

This will probably be something that grows in popularity over time.

I think too much of the games come into the feed. By downloading the app, the less gaming videos will appear on normal feed. And that means more traffic through dedicated app. That is one reason i guess facebook is dividing the app traffic this way.

Not bad. I know a lot of people are who addicted to facebook games. It interest me they are making a general app. They got this farm game my family is too addicted to. I don't see how they play that as it seems so boring to me. But this app will probably be popular. It reminds me of the way Discord sets up it's side panels to tell you what game your friends are playing.

This will probably be something that grows in popularity over time.

I wonder if it's FarmVille? I vaguely remember that game from a long time ago. If it still exists, I'll be surprised.

I wonder if it's FarmVille? I vaguely remember that game from a long time ago. If it still exists, I'll be surprised.

Yes that's exactly what it was. I think it does still exist though I'm not 100% sure. My mom stopped playing it a while back. I think my stepdad plays either that or something similar still though. That was a very popular game back in the day.

Farmville still exists they have Farmville 2 now its actually a good game i played it for a long time

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back