News Experts fear post-election crisis: 'Things could get very ugly'

Tek

Trophies
Washington (CNN)Voting experts and political strategists from across the political spectrum are increasingly alarmed about the potential for a disputed presidential election in November, one in which one candidate openly questions the legitimacy of the results or even refuses to concede.

These experts are keenly aware of President Donald Trump's well-documented history of lying about voter fraud and claiming that elections were "rigged" when he doesn't like the outcome. They also see a Democratic base that is still burned from 2016, when its nominee was dragged down in part by Russian meddling operation, won the popular vote, and lost to Trump.

Interviews with nearly 20 election experts, former lawmakers, political strategists, legal scholars and historians indicate there are widespread fears of a nightmare scenario in November, where Trump's norm-breaking behavior -- coupled with the unprecedented challenges of pandemic-era voting -- test the limits of American democracy and plunge the country into a constitutional crisis.

Whoever wins, America is going to be on the edge after the elections. I think it will be a lot worse if Trump loses than he wins especially since he has a lot of far-right support. But we'll have to wait and see

Whoever wins, America is going to be on the edge after the elections. I think it will be a lot worse if Trump loses than he wins especially since he has a lot of far-right support. But we'll have to wait and see

I'm afraid of another far-right shooting if he loses, yea. I'm also concerned with how much damage he could do after the election knowing that he's on the way out anyways.

Trump lost the popular vote in 2016. He will hopefully lose the election proper this year. He’s dangerous. The issue comes if he refuses to accept the vote result.

Trump lost the popular vote in 2016. He will hopefully lose the election proper this year. He’s dangerous. The issue comes if he refuses to accept the vote result.
And it's not like you can rely on the people to get him out if he refuses to either. His supporters are going to go with whatever he says and help him stay there

How could Trump win again, hasn’t the last four years shown him to be a bad president that mis managing the coronavirus.

How could Trump win again, hasn’t the last four years shown him to be a bad president that mis managing the coronavirus.
as someone who wasn't a "trump hater" who constantly blames him for every issue in my life; this year proves how flaw of a leader he is. the virus is the main reason, the civil unrest is a cherry on top.

yeah, the main issue is how high sprung people are now. would it be realistic to blame both sides for this? alt-left people having an unrealistic expectation for things and the alt-right having stupid expectations from a flawed leader. to me its idiots fueling idiots, the post-crisis will be brought by both of the extreme sides

yeah, the main issue is how high sprung people are now. would it be realistic to blame both sides for this? alt-left people having an unrealistic expectation for things and the alt-right having stupid expectations from a flawed leader. to me its idiots fueling idiots, the post-crisis will be brought by both of the extreme sides
What ever mr enlightened centrist.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back