Exactly what has happened to PC gaming?

Skwiek

Trophies
Superior resolution, texturing, and high framerates were traditionally the domain of the PC up to the 9th Generation of consoles. There seems to be a growing trend of issues being packed with each new version. The major causes of stuttering are the assembly of shaders and other visual effects. So, what exactly occurred between the eighth and ninth generations? Who or what is the target of blame? What about Windows, Drivers, Engines, and Software Designers? Is it true that consoles' exclusive hardware has finally won out?

PC gaming is not the same anymore unfortunately :(
I think it's important to note that there are still some great PC games being released. However, they are often overshadowed by the big-budget console games.

Superior resolution, texturing, and high framerates were traditionally the domain of the PC up to the 9th Generation of consoles. There seems to be a growing trend of issues being packed with each new version. The major causes of stuttering are the assembly of shaders and other visual effects. So, what exactly occurred between the eighth and ninth generations? Who or what is the target of blame? What about Windows, Drivers, Engines, and Software Designers? Is it true that consoles' exclusive hardware has finally won out?

PC verses consoles was never a contest, it was a choice. There are benefits and drawbacks to both, but I can't sit here and say that this current generation of consoles offering performance that's comparable to a PC costing 2-3 times as much is a bad thing.

I love PC gaming, but it's one thing enjoy the benefits of PC gaming and another to "take up arms" for PC gaming like this is some kind of tribal war. So my advice to you is to stop concerning yourself with "blame" on this alleged slip of PC gaming and just enjoy good games, whatever platform that they're on.

Last edited:
I am playing mainly strategy or cRPG games, so for me there is not problem with PC gaming (and graphics are not big issue for me).

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back