Ever think you'll get rid of your collection at some point?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
I don't know about you lot but I have a decent sized collection from my time across various gaming platforms but I've recently sold them on to a second-hand store. I do by a lot more of my games digitally now and as I'm in the process of moving house, the additional space will be nice! The cash I got for the games also allowed me to buy some other games I've really wanted for a while but just haven't been able to justify.

What about you? Do you still have a massive collection sitting in your room? What are you going to do with it?

I've got rid of the majority of my games on previous consoles now, they were just taking up too much room and selling them helped to fund other things.

My PS3 and PS4 collections are still quite respectable, but like you I tend to buy games digitally now. Especially when sales are on.

I think I might. Because there is no point in keeping the box packs at home. That only increases the space. And also have no value after some time if it's popular game. I have seen some people making the collection but not keeping up with that as well. So I may have to do that for sure.

As I prefer disc over digital I wait till iv completed half of my collection then trade them in fir other games to add to my collection so my collection is alwasy full of new games to play

The video games which I buy are also digitally purchased and even if I want to I can't sell them. But I think that it's better to get them online due to the cheaper price when a sale is going on and they don't take up the space in your house. Downloading time isn't a problem for me as I have a good connection.

No, never would I unless I ran out of cabinet space. There's no point in evening attempting to sell second hand video games because you'll only get a couple of pennies or cents if your lucky.

Keeping a gaming collection in your own home has no real issues. The monetary value may of increased over time and the amusement may become more valuable, retro and rare.

I don't know about everyone else here but personally I find it's nice to return to playing a game after months or years as it's something different to the norm. A new experience that may bring back some great memories.

I think if I have money issues desperately. I think I'd definitely make the collection they can earn good amount. I'd definitely need to sell those collection. Though at some point in the life, it is something we eventually have to give up one way or the other. I think gaming collection takes years to build as well.

Do you think you will ever get rid of your gaming collection at some point in the near future? Why or why not? How long have you been collecting computer games for? How many games have you collected so far?

I think I will. I think most of the games which I played or half way played and have no interest over to play anymore. I think I may skip that ahead. And may even give away to the friends.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back