Ever had surgery?

marteebe

Article Author
Verified
For me, I've had to have myself a couple of different surgeries over the years. I was always so afraid but I think if I had to have one now I wouldn't really think twice. I've had to have a kidney operation to clear a blocked kidney tube, two surgeries on my wrist/forearm when I managed to slip and dislocate both the bones (which hurt just FYI) and I've had keyhole on my knee to remove a bit of floating bone from when I dislocated my kneecap (for the third time)

What about you?

I have had a couple of foot surgeries to deal with a bone spur on my left heel, and a surgery to remove a bone spur from the back of my right shoulder that permanently damaged a nerve that I had for years before getting removed. Never really liked those, as the pain seemed to never want to disappear after getting those worked on, for 6-9 months.

Nerdface

No *touches wood*

I had a knee injury from running a couple of years ago which was a suspected meniscal tear / cartilage damage.. I was advised that I would likely require surgery at some stage, but so far have managed to avoid it (but then again, I haven't really been running since).

I've also required stitches a couple of times, once from accidentally headbutting the corner of a shelf, and another from accidentally falling off a wall and faceplanting a concrete floor. I would recommend neither! 🤕

I've had some wisdom teeth removed, not the funnest thing I've ever had done and it bothered me a good while after. I hate to think what real surgery will be like.

Ash

I have not had any so far *touches wood*. And I hope I never have to. Unfortunately, it does seem like I might have to do something about my wisdom teeth at some point

Barida

For me, I've had to have myself a couple of different surgeries over the years. I was always so afraid but I think if I had to have one now I wouldn't really think twice. I've had to have a kidney operation to clear a blocked kidney tube, two surgeries on my wrist/forearm when I managed to slip and dislocate both the bones (which hurt just FYI) and I've had keyhole on my knee to remove a bit of floating bone from when I dislocated my kneecap (for the third time)

What about you?
I have not had any surgery. I have a belly button that is a bit out, but don't want to operate on it since it is not affecting me in any way. I have been scared of needles and wonder how difficult it is going to be if I ever had the experience of being operated on. Will definitely be scary.