Emulators - How to play games on the PC | JoyFreak

Emulators - How to play games on the PC

Nova

Old console game are still played by using the emulators. Some people use the emulators on the PC. And some people use them on the Android. You can see that it can be fun making use of the emulators when you want to play some of your favorite old games. So my question which are some of your favorite games that you play using the emulators on PC or say on android?

leadtech

Yes I'm using emulator on PC. It is more easier for me because i can open multiple games rather to use Android mobile.

I used to use emulators some time ago (with a few specific games). But then, I lost m patience with them (after many strange crashes) and I decided no longer used them because I don't think they are helpful for me anymore.

Nova

I tend to use Calice a lot in for my arcade games on PC. There are many other emulators to use for company specific games. Then there is ZINC and MAME that one can use as well. Depending on what are some of your favorite games it'd be not a bad idea to download them on PC and then play those games. I tend to play old zelda, street fighter and pokmon games when possible.

So which is your favorite emulator for PC?

leadtech

Znes emulator is my best favorite because i can play old games like final fantasy and breath of fire games and they are many more games to choose from.

Dyed-_-blue

I use ppsspp on my PC. Using that I could play God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Tekken and Dissidia 12. I also have a Gameboy emulator to play Pokemon games as Metal slug and Bionic Comando.

Camelie

I use emulators when nostalgia hits. Some games are just plain classics and I've unfortunately lost most of my old consoles. I'm far too lazy to look into buying surviving copies of the consoles just so I can play one or two ganes though. So emulators are the next best thing.

Nova

There are lot of emulators that can be used to play the arcade games on the android. And it can be fun to play those games on the android machine. I want to know which are some of your favorite arcade games that you are using on the android.

So which emulator on android do you use?

Nova

There are many nintendo games out there on the PC. And it can be pretty fun to play some of them. I have mostly played the emulator games that are ported for PC. And they can be pretty fun to play. Another thing is that dolphin emulator seems to be pretty good with porting of those games. Have you tried some of the games for nintendo on PC?

Ash

I don't use any emulators to play games on my laptop. The thing is, I have no need for it because I have a Galaxy S8 which I can use to play almost any mobile game. And then I've got a PlayStation 4 so I don't need to play any PS4 games with an emulator. The only games that I would like to play but don't have a chance to are PC based games like Euro Truck Simulator (my laptop wouldn't be the best for gaming) and I don't think an emulator can solve that issue.

dzonyfox2

I have been trying PSP emulator called PPSSPP for a while. I like God of War games and Tekken. I also used to play PS1 and SNES games on my android phone using ePSXe for Android as PS1 emulator and SuperRetro16(SNES) as SNES emulator. I am really happy that I can play my favorite console games on my android phone.

dzonyfox2

I have played old console games using emulators on both, PC and android mobile phone. Also played some games connecting my PC to my TV by HDMI. It was like I had a real console! ?
But my favorite device for using emulators is my android phone. Nowadays, mobile phone screens are big and have a great resolution. I simply love to play my favorite console games on my android device. I like touchscreen.
My favorite console games that I have been playing are Crash Bash and Bandicoot for PS1, old but gold SEGA games and PSP games like God of War and Tekken.

Nova

Lot of PS specific emulators on Android. I think only ones that have issues these days is the Gameboy based emulators that can be pretty difficult if you ask me. I have played some games with the SNES and the PS based games. I can tell you that if you are into SEGA specific games then there are some games supported.

Nova

If you are curious about the emulators. You can use the DOSBOX and then run those old emulators and then play the old arcade games and other handheld games. It can be fun to play those games. And I'd say it's not that bad to consider as most of them work on the DOSBOX.

Nova

I did most of my streaming and recording on the Windows 7 for the emulators type of use. And there seems to be a lot of games out there that you can play on windows. You can see that those who want to regularly play games and stream them, emulators for arcade games is required. So I want to know how many of you are using the Emulators on Windows 10. How is your experience with the emulators on Windows 10? Do games work on the Windows 10?

Nova

Citrus 3DS emulator works pretty well. Only emulator I've used.
I think that's nintendo emulator. Not sure how that game emulator would handle other game consoles games. I may have to try this out though. If it works on WIndows 10 then it must be good.

Gopnik

For those of you who aren't familiar with what Bluestacks is - it's an Android emulator which allows you to play easily your favourite mobile games on your PC. Is anyone here using it or has ever used it? Would you recommend it over other Android emulators?

I have been using Bluestacks for a lot of years now. I would definitely recommend it - easy to manage, doesn't use a lot of resources (at least in my case), and simple to use. Although, the newer versions of the app aren't that good it's still an awesome emulator.

Nova

I used to be a fan of bluestacks when it was free. Now a days they are charging for the premium version of the emulator and though player is still free. I have moved to the noxplayer. The noxplayer is free and also it allows you to install and play games that way it can be pretty useful also record it and stream live.

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Verified
I used to use BlueStacks yeah, as @Nova said back when it was free - I actually used to use it as well for a bit of cheating on Pokemon Go back when it was new out lol. Was also good for work use as well though as I used it for Instagram via a computer as back then I couldn't access it other than using my phone and that was sometimes a pain in the neck. I didn't know about NoxPlayer though, I'll be checking that one out now. Thanks Nova!

Nova

If you are into playing the android games on Windows. I am sure you have heard of many emulators in the market. I have recently found out the KOPlayer android emulator. And it seems like a good emulator that can be used for downloading and installing the apps and games on Windows PC. It supports Windows 7 onwards type of the operating system for people to use. Check out the video to know more.

Nova

You can use the nocsplayer or the KOPLayer if you want to run the android instance on the windows. It works out pretty effective in case of the gaming or the apps.

TopSilver

Use Retroarch instead, it's a much better emulator to use. Search it on Google. It's for Android/iOS and Windows as well as numerous systems even Windows 95 if your computer was that old. They have just about anything. You can even download artwork for each game in seconds and have the actual games artwork downloaded immediately. It's fairly straightforward to use and a great choice.

Also an idea is to buy a PS1 Classic and use what they call Bleemsync which you can use and in their recent update it supports a Retroarch duel boot so basically you could have a PS1 for all your retro games easily available. It's the perfect idea many people are taking advantage of.

Nova

I have never tried Retroarch. Recently however I have tried the nocsplayer and the Bluestacks player too. There is also Remix OS player which can be a good idea for using. But they have closed the free option for the player. And in near soon in such case it can be difficult to find good emulator though, not all can be good from the performance perspective.

Barida

Emulator is a software that is used on PC to play games. It gives one the opportunity to enjoy lots of games especially those games that are only on mobile. Do you make use of emulators?

Nova

I do make use of the emulators for making those games work on the PC. It seems like the emulators are good on running on PCs as long as you have enough RAM. For example, KOPlayer emualtor is pretty good on windows.

Barida

I do make use of the emulators for making those games work on the PC. It seems like the emulators are good on running on PCs as long as you have enough RAM. For example, KOPlayer emualtor is pretty good on windows.

Having enough memory space on your PC is necessary for the emulator to function well. This is the reason gamers should always check the specs of laptops before they make a purchase.

Nova

I recently also checked the nocsplayer, that helps with optimizing the RAM for some games. And it also allows you to take the video of the games running. So that sort of emulators on android and fun. I recently check there are also Windows based emulators like DOSBOX.

Nova

I have DOSBOX and BlueStacks installed on my laptop and NES emulator on my iPhone.
I think these days bluestacks has changed a lot. And now a days people are moved to other emulators for android like say KOPlayer and the nocsplayer.

I did use them awhile back to enjoy some classic games, but these days I got so much to play I don't bother with them anymore.

Nova

Yes a lot of time playing the arcade and old games is boring because you have too many options these days. So mostly the emulators for the android as of now.

Nova

I agree in such case you can only play android games on Windows. Using say Nocsplayer, Koplayer etc. That simply works out for some people from what I have seen.

Nova

ZNES definitely has support for some good titles. I also think there are some for the old PS boxes. But yet to find one that has some good support as well.

Ravenfreak

I use Emulicious for Game Gear and Master System emulation because I modify games that are on those consoles, and I need developer tools. Plus it's accurate too. Overall though for general playing, I use Retroarch since it's a all in one emulator.

Nova

I see in such case you must be having the virtual machine like virtualbox too. I have heard most of the game modders make use of the virtual machine for the development of plugin and mods.

I forget what they were called, but I had a few for N64 and SNES back in the day. I should try and find them and see if they work.

Nova

I think most of the emulators also make use of the DOSBOX and for that reason one can try installing it if possible. I personally love it when some games run fine on DOSBOX.

alexparker

Based on my experiences, Gameloop emulator is the best android emulators available out there. If you play games like pubg, cod, clash of clans, candy crush saga etc, this emulator is best.

The only disadvantage is that it does not contains all the games in it's game center.

Nova

Never tried the Gameloop. Because I never heard of any form of testing for the same. I think DOSBOX is better for PC based arcade games.

Paladin

JoyFreak Systems Model-101
Eh, it depends on the thing. I would love to play Windows games on a Mac (with a virtual machine), but my Macbook Air only has 120 GB of space - and I only have 5 GB free. Besides, Windows needs at least 4-6 GB of RAM to run and my Mac has 8 (however, it only ever has 400-500 MB free at any time). My Mac would throw up the spinning beach ball and crash.
Online emulators are OK. What I really want to do is use Boot Camp and install Windows, but I need 50 GB of space (and even more space for the hard drive.) Once again, not feasible.

Nova

Nox and DOSBOX are definitely worth getting. Not sure which emulator is good for the PUBG mobile to PC though. It'd be worth checking in that too.

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Already have an account? Log in here.

Register

Create an account. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Top Bottom