Question Elite Xbox controller

klb

Trophies
Just joined for a bit of advice from people who know a lot more about Xbox than I do... basically, is it worth buying an elite Xbox controller if you’re going to be getting the Xbox series x at some point? Really wanted to get my bf the new Xbox for Christmas but I’m realising that’s probably not gonna be possible so I’m thinking I’ll get him an elite controller instead for now. But don’t want to spend that much money on one only for it not to be used when he gets the new Xbox anyway. And if so, what’s the best one to buy? Thank you in advance?

Just joined for a bit of advice from people who know a lot more about Xbox than I do... basically, is it worth buying an elite Xbox controller if you’re going to be getting the Xbox series x at some point? Really wanted to get my bf the new Xbox for Christmas but I’m realising that’s probably not gonna be possible so I’m thinking I’ll get him an elite controller instead for now. But don’t want to spend that much money on one only for it not to be used when he gets the new Xbox anyway. And if so, what’s the best one to buy? Thank you in advance?
I have both the Elite 2 and original Elite. The Elite 2 works flawlessly. Still the best controller I have ever used, and fully compatible with my Series X. I recommend it to anyone with an Xbox.

I have both the Elite 2 and original Elite. The Elite 2 works flawlessly. Still the best controller I have ever used, and fully compatible with my Series X. I recommend it to anyone with an Xbox.
Yeah that’s the one that seems to be the most recommended when I did a general google search. I just wasn’t sure if with it being a new console, the controller that comes with it might match up to/exceed the elite so there’d be no point spending money on one only for it to be disregarded months later. Thanks for your help:)

Yeah that’s the one that seems to be the most recommended when I did a general google search. I just wasn’t sure if with it being a new console, the controller that comes with it might match up to/exceed the elite so there’d be no point spending money on one only for it to be disregarded months later. Thanks for your help:)
The controller that it comes with has some of the Elite 2 features (rubberized grip, etc.), and is better than the Xbox One controller, but is in no way the Elite 2. There are customizable paddles, remappable buttons, charging stand, internal battery, etc. It's an amazing controller. There will one day be a Elite 3, but it will most likely be a while if I had to guess.

I agree with BigPete, I've got the Elite 2, and while I don't have a Series X at the moment, I can 100% guarantee the controller it comes with will not compete with the Elite 2. It's such a solid controller with some incredible features, and you can quite literally make it fit your gaming style perfectly, so if your bf is a hardcore gamer, it's a real step up for him and a game changer in the games he will play. It does take a little bit of getting used to, to find how it best suits you, but once you figure that part out...you will never look back!

I have heard investing into this is a smart move, if you got the money that is.

Thanks so much for all your help guys really appreciate it☺️ hopefully the elite controller will ease the disappointment of not getting the series x for now

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back