News Electing Georgia's Ossoff and Warnock would lead to $2,000 stimulus checks, says Biden

XXX

Trophies
President-elect Joe Biden said electing Democrats Jon Ossoff and Rev. Raphael Warnock in Tuesday's runoff elections would end the gridlock in Washington and allow a Democrat-controlled Senate to provide $2,000 stimulus checks to Americans.

"If you send Jon and the Reverend to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door, restoring hope and decency and honor for so many people who are struggling right now," Biden said, making his closing argument for the Democrats at a campaign event in Atlanta on Monday.

"And if you send (Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler) back to Washington, those checks will never get there," Biden said. "It's just that simple. The power is literally in your hands."

Biden's declaration come just days after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, rejected a bill that would have increased direct stimulus payments from $600 to $2,000.

Biden said the election of Ossoff and Warnock would "break the gridlock that has gripped Washington and this nation."

"The debate over $2,000 isn't some abstract debate in Washington, it's about real lives. Your lives, the lives of good, hardworking Americans," Biden said. He spoke of Americans struggling amid the coronavirus pandemic who are having difficulty putting food on the table, paying rent or their mortgage and paying their utility bills.

"If you're like millions of Americans all across this country, you need the money, you need the help, and you need it now," the President-elect said.

Biden on Monday stressed the need for Ossoff and Warnock in the Senate in order to get Congress to fully fund the Covid-19 vaccine distribution efforts. He said he needed the additional two Democrats in Congress to further his agenda on jobs, health care, justice and the environment.

"This is not an exaggeration: Georgia, the whole nation is looking to you to lead us forward," Biden said.

The President-elect slammed Perdue and Loeffler, accusing the Republican senators of being loyal to President Donald Trump and not to the people of Georgia.
"You have two senators who think they've sworn an oath to Donald Trump, not to the United States Constitution," Biden said.

"As President, I don't believe your United States senators are going to work for me, they work for the people of Georgia. That's why I'm not asking your senators to be loyal to me, I believe they should be loyal to you, to Georgia, the United States Constitution, period," Biden said.

The President-elect continued, "And if you vote for Jon and the Reverend, that's what you're going to get: decent, honorable men. They won't put a president or party first, and they sure won't put themselves first. They know public service is about you, it isn't about them, it's not about enriching themselves, it's about making people's lives better."

In the spring of 2024, the decision was made: Chicago would host the prestigious 2024 Democratic National Convention. This significant event is not only set to showcase Chicago to the nation but is also expected to inject a much-needed economic boost into the city.

Additionally, experts believe it will solidify the Midwest’s “blue wall” in support of President Joe Biden’s re-election bid. The 2024 Democratic National Convention is scheduled to take place from August 19 to 22, 2024, at the renowned United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back