Today, a Chinese soulsborne series content creator named Longqi Bangbangtang shares some information about Elden Ring in his video (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV17V411b7fY), Unfortunately, the video has been deleted. Here's the summary.
- Two concept arts are revealed. Check this ( ) for details.
- The game world is based on the world tree from Norse mythology, and also references something from Celtic mythology.
- The gameplay is similar to Dark Souls, but the map is much larger, includes dynamic weather and day/night alternation. Imagine you fight with a Boss from day to night, he said, and the weather changes from sunny to thunderous.
- The modeling of enemies is more complex, and there will be cthulu-style enemies similar to bloodborne.
- Remember that red hair giant (Look up at sky, it burns)? He was badly wounded in a battle. His faction is characterized by red hair and the use of large weapons. There is also a faction characterized by white hair. The two biggest factions he has known so far seem to have come from the same ancestor, but have split up eventually.
- The guy with a lot of hands at the beginning of the 2019 trailer is probably an NPC.
- That crestfallen dude will appear again.
- Waifu (similar to fire keeper)
- Patches may not appear, or not appear in human form (bloodborne spider).
- There are characters like Gael and the xanthous king.
- The game development stage has been completed in the first half of 2020 and is now in the polishing stage. The game will be released in 2021, he's pretty sure. It's possible to see a new trailer after the Japanese New Year.
Recently on Twitch, there had been a chat between a streamer and Federico Fossetti (the head redactor for Everyeye.it , a well known website dedicated to gaming) where Fossetti shared a lot of interesting stuffs about Elden Ring which can be summarized in:
The clip can be find in this video at minutes 6:12 : I'll also post a translation of the whole clip:
- Elden Ring will be very well accepted by Dark Souls fans since the game will be very similar to it.
- The game finished development phase when Covid started spreading and, due to Covid situation, the polishing phase (8 months typical) got shifted too.
- The game should've been released during October/November 2020 if Covid wouldn't have made From Software change their plans.
E: "No, I can tell you... But maybe i already told you, i can't recall if we met before. I can tell you that if there wasn't Covid, you would be already playing it"
W: "Shit! Are you serious?"
E: "Yes, i'm very serious"
W: "But it's 22nd of December..."
E: "For a while... you would be already playing it for a while"
W: "So the problem is not the development phase or is it?"
W: "Polishing for the launch?"
E: "Yes, absolutely! Consider that Covid started in March, so we're in December, consider there are 8 months of polishing which completely disappeared which they could've done but they didn't manage to so it wasn't anymore the case to proceed with the release".
W: "Refresh my memory a bit, Franceso, when did Elden Ring development start?
E: "Well, so, the announcement, in reality, if i recall right, happened 2 years and a half ago, something like that but, back when it was still called Project Great Rune, the first time i heard about it and the first screenshot they shown me, which was a completely no sense, with no textures and so, it was 4 years ago."
W: "How much hope... how much hope, you gave me a lot of hope. Are you optimistic, Francesco?"
E: "I am optimistic"
W: "There's trust"
E: "There's trust... But, it depends, you would want something more similar to Souls or more similar to something else?"
W: "You know me, i would like something very similar to Souls, i mean, i would like literally a new IP but which is the same exact thing as Dark Souls"
E: "Be happy! Enjoy"
W: "Merry Christmas friends, merry christmas"
E: "Merry Christmas to everyone"