News EA agrees to $1.2 billion deal to acquire Codemasters

Clout

Trophies
Electronic Arts has agreed a deal to acquire Codemasters for approximately $1.2 billion.

The acquisition, which is expected to complete in the first quarter of 2021, is based on a price of $7.98 per share for the UK publisher.

In explanation for the deal, Codemasters chairman Gerhard Florin said that both companies "have a shared ambition to lead the video game racing category."

"We feel this union would provide an exciting and prosperous future for Codemasters, allowing our teams to create, launch and service bigger and better games to an extremely passionate audience," Florin said in a statement.

Madness! They really want that acquisition don't they

I said it in the other thread, I certainly hope that EA doesn't come in and destroy Codemasters, they've got a good thing going and they don't need interference. Take Two I feel would have left well enough alone and let them keep doing their thing, whereas EA is more likely to impose changes, demand new ways of doing things, and push the games out before they're really ready. It worries me, but I'll reserve judgement until they're a couple of releases in.

I said it in the other thread, I certainly hope that EA doesn't come in and destroy Codemasters, they've got a good thing going and they don't need interference. Take Two I feel would have left well enough alone and let them keep doing their thing, whereas EA is more likely to impose changes, demand new ways of doing things, and push the games out before they're really ready. It worries me, but I'll reserve judgement until they're a couple of releases in.
Yeah they might be ruined. Time will tell.

That’s what I’m worried about, but I also didn’t they they were worth that much if I’m honest.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back