DualSense, PS5’s new wireless controller

Maddox

Trophies
A first look at DualSense, PS5’s new wireless controller. More details and images: https://play.st/34lycg9

We’ve reached an exciting milestone with PlayStation 5, as we’re starting to ship our new controller in its final design to developers who are implementing its unique features into their games. But first, we wanted everyone in the PlayStation community to get a first look at the DualSense™ wireless controller, and hear our vision for how the new controller will captivate more of your senses as you interact with the virtual worlds in PS5 games. The features of DualSense, along with PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, will deliver a new feeling of immersion to players.
We had a great opportunity with PS5 to innovate by offering game creators the ability to explore how they can heighten that feeling of immersion through our new controller. This is why we adopted haptic feedback, which adds a variety of powerful sensations you’ll feel when you play, such as the slow grittiness of driving a car through mud. We also incorporated adaptive triggers into the L2 and R2 buttons of DualSense so you can truly feel the tension of your actions, like when drawing a bow to shoot an arrow.
For the buttons, you’ll notice there is no longer a “Share” button as we had with DualShock 4. Don’t worry – it’s not going away. In fact, we’ve built upon the success of our industry-first Share button to bring you a new “Create” button feature. With Create, we’re once again pioneering new ways for players to create epic gameplay content to share with the world, or just to enjoy for themselves. We’ll have more details on this feature as we get closer to launch.

DualSense also adds a built-in microphone array, which will enable players to easily chat with friends without a headset – ideal for jumping into a quick conversation. But of course, if you are planning to chat for a longer period, it’s good to have that headset handy.

49747503557_566da5ebc8_3k.jpg

49747502797_ba4ef26976_3k.jpg

49746632758_470c1cca29_3k.jpg

I dunno, feels a bit soulless to me but I'm just not a fan of white coloring to be honest.

I really liked it, actually. The shape seems more akin of an Xbox Controller, which is a welcome change. I love the dual color scheme. Maybe the console will come with a similar pattern as well.

lets get crazy, lets detach those controllers and give switch a run for it's money with added motion control gaming experience. Lets patent detacable joy con s for PS5 Dual shock

The white coloring is... eh. I don't hate it per se, but as someone who has a PS4 and uses a DualShock 4, I don't really like it. Black or another color (like blue) is more my style.

Another reveal show would be nice, just to show off the depth of capability. Accessories show and or controller exhibit

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back