DualSense is PS5's controller name

ps5-dualsense (1).jpg

DualSense is PS5's controller name as showcased by Sony today.

The features of DualSense, along with PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, will deliver a new feeling of immersion to players.
~Hideaki Nishino

After thoughtful consideration, we decided to keep much of what gamers love about DualShock 4 intact, while also adding new functionality and refining the design. Based on our discussions with developers, we concluded that the sense of touch within gameplay, much like audio, hasn’t been a big focus for many games.

dualsense1.jpgdualsense2.jpg

We had a great opportunity with PS5 to innovate by offering game creators the ability to explore how they can heighten that feeling of immersion through our new controller. This is why we adopted haptic feedback, which adds a variety of powerful sensations you’ll feel when you play, such as the slow grittiness of driving a car through mud. We also incorporated adaptive triggers into the L2 and R2 buttons of DualSense so you can truly feel the tension of your actions, like when drawing a bow to shoot an arrow.
The DualSense’s Share button has been replaced with a Create button alongside a built-in mic that allows for chat without a headset.

But of course, if you are planning to chat for a longer period, it’s good to have that headset handy.
~Sony.

It seems some fans like the controller’s two-toned colour scheme… while others don't.

We’ll keep you updated on the PS5 and the DualSense as we learn more.

Reminds of that one Monochrome controller they had for the ps3 that was mostly white. The design looks weird, but people were saying that about the switch, and that turned out somewhat fine.

Meh on the name, I grew up on the dualshock and that is what I'll call it to the end of my days :p

So it's named after what? The haptic feedback funcionality that's gonna be used in 1 or 2 1st party games in the console's life cicle, only to never be seen again or proper utilized? Aha

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back