News Dr Disrespect talks about his Twitch ban, rumors and future

Tek

Trophies
Earlier this week, Beahm's publicist contacted PC Gamer to offer an interview with Beahm. From the outset it was clear we'd likely get little information on what actually happened, but it was an opportunity to ask Beahm on the record about the many rumors surrounding his ban and what the performer is planning next. Given that there's so much speculation—and reports from industry insiders like Rod 'Slasher' Breslau that Beahm's ban was allegedly handled outside of Twitch's usual protocol, "which implies a law enforcement and or security type of related issue"—we've decided to publish this interview as it happened with only minor edits made for clarity and readability.
PC Gamer: It's been almost three weeks since you were banned from Twitch. I imagine that it's been very frustrating. I would love to start with just hearing what's been happening behind the scenes with you. What's been going on these past three weeks?

Guy 'Dr Disrespect' Beahm: Sure. I mean, well, a lot of stuff, obviously. You know, while it's unfortunate that I'm off Twitch, we're definitely working behind the scenes on what a Dr return might look like. In terms of the specifics around that, we're not interested in exclusive at this point. We're exploring our options and, honestly, just can't wait to get back into character soon. We have a lot to do, and I'll be wherever fans want me to be. And, you know, that's been our approach.
Given that connection that you have with your audience and how important that is, I'm sure you can appreciate that there's been a lot of concern and worry over the past few weeks. Why didn't you give people an update, just to say 'hi,' even if you had nothing really concrete to say?

Well, to be honest—okay, so we got the news, you know, it was just... it was completely… it was a total shock. Imagine just going to work one day and the door is closed and you can't get inside and you've been told that you were fired, and you weren't given a reason why, you know? And so, for me, it was just an initial shock. The way I discovered it, too, I was on a buddy's stream, and some of the features started turning off while I was just in the chat and everything, and then all of a sudden social media was blowing up. I got on the call with my team, and after one quick email, it was all over. At that particular moment, it was more of just kind of shocked, like, what just happened, you know? And both my wife and I are just like, what's going on?

So that's kind of how, initially, how things kind of went down. And then from there, you're sort of just digesting it. You're still not getting any answers. So that's kind of why I had… I wouldn't have known what to say, you know? We put out the one tweet, our statement, and that's kind of where things are at.
And Twitch has just cut off contact with you? They've never provided you a reason for the ban?

Yeah.

That seems crazy to me. To ban one of its most famous, popular streamers and then to not even tell them what they did wrong?

Yeah, that's the kind of the mind blowing thing about all of this. Obviously, for legal counsel, I have to be careful here. But I can say however, that I will not be returning to Twitch, so, I mean, that's it.

As if he still doesn't know why he got banned. I call on him lying.

This story is kind of wild. I am not big on streaming, but I know that they bring in millions of dollars for companies, so I find it surprising that Twitch / Amazon still hasn't released some kind of official statement. Maybe it is law enforcement related.

Doesn't answer at all what and why LOL

It's allot of more details that they not saying in public

Considering twitch bans are random and often we don't know what is going on. I assume that the guy was kind of annoying and getting on nerves of the staff. So it was the natural reaction. Not a lot of people are siding with the DrDisrespect. But maybe twitch has divided community on him.

Twitch probably wants to keep everything hushed up, so they're holding Doc to silence. Unfortunately, per their TOS, they don't have to tell Doc why he was banned, so he could have literally been banned for anything.

That being said, it might have been a law enforcement issue or a breach of contract issue. Considering that they took the trouble to cancel all of his emotes and subscriptions, he's gone for good.

I love the fact he has a publicist, I'm sure he knows why but won't say.

Slasher posted on Twitter that he knows why Doc was banned from credible sources at Twitch. He also posted that he wouldn't reveal why due to the sensitive climate going on recently.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back