News Dr DisRespect has been permanently banned from Twitch

Clout

Trophies
It's all over Twitter:

Twitch refunds:

According to Slasher on Twitch it's not DMCA related:

I'm a little bit late on the news but does anyone know as to why he was banned?

I don’t really follow this guy or streamers in general really but admittedly I do find this situation interesting. The way Twitch and all his sponsors are throwing him under the bus makes it seem like he must have done something pretty bad. I don’t want to speculate too much though.

A few of his sponsors like Game Fuel that removed him from their pages did put him back today, though. Wonder what it means.

I only saw the news last night on Reddit. I don't recall him ever being accused of harassment on the platform.

It could be related to when he seriously (it didn't seem as though he was acting in character) spread a few myths regarding the SARS-CoV-2 virus / COVID-19 back in April or May. Some people got riled up about that.

I only saw the news last night on Reddit. I don't recall him ever being accused of harassment on the platform.

It could be related to when he seriously (it didn't seem as though he was acting in character) spread a few myths regarding the SARS-CoV-2 virus / COVID-19 back in April or May. Some people got riled up about that.
I swear he only got banned like not long ago? This dude seems like he ought to remain banned to refrain him from constantly getting banned.

He responded, yet we still know just as little as before.

I've learned of his existence back during his E3 stunt last year, this guy needs to quit and find a real job.

I do follow him but I don't watch him that much. Mainly since the games that he does, it does not interest me. But when I do stop by it's very interesting what he does and do and I like how his overlays are. Remember he's (well was) the face of twitch.

Some of us now some idea of what has happened but the full story is not public, allot of things are being not said.

I've learned of his existence back during his E3 stunt last year, this guy needs to quit and find a real job.
well, he makes so much money in each stream shift so why he would even need a job. He has more money to retire

He's been making millions streaming video games. Why on earth would he need to find a "real job"? Even if this ban extends far enough that he is unable to start up on other platforms, he has enough money to not need to get a "real job" ever again.

First time heard of him. And considering he got the flair on both twitch and the twitter. I am wondering if he was some sort of liberal left wing masiha and turned out to be false idol for them. In such case yeah it seems like they just did that among their ownselves and nothing but typical twitch drama.

No one knows why yet, many are speculating cuz he's taken another deal with a competing platform that's up and coming, but that just doesn't make much sense IMO.

He's been making millions streaming video games. Why on earth would he need to find a "real job"? Even if this ban extends far enough that he is unable to start up on other platforms, he has enough money to not need to get a "real job" ever again.

I doubt he will get another similar type of job unless he can make his own platform to air his stuff on.

No one knows why yet, many are speculating cuz he's taken another deal with a competing platform that's up and coming, but that just doesn't make much sense IMO.
They have a reason to keep it low tech. There is far more in the background then what we are thinking about. I'm just not saying anything as I keep reading a different story each time. One says he did that and or others say he did this and then they also saying blame twitch......

This is what I saw as well. Conspiracy theories that it is all a publicity stunt but I'm not sure why Twitch are getting involved like this because they would be helping create publicity for a potential rival.

Proof that twitch is only going to get worse without competition. I don't watch him either but "sexual abuse"?? The hell does that mean? He had an affair with Mixxer? ?

I don't think they will mention what happens unless it's been leaked. then again what will happen to him? will he get his account back and or he might move to another streaming network.

He's not saying much on twitter

Yeah this is beyond bizaare. I don't know why they would do that.

It seems everyone is trying to keep it a secret. Must have been something very bad in that case.
Are you a big fan of guilty until proven innocent or something? I don't even watch this guy or know anything about him, but it's hardly unheard of for people to get banned from social media platforms for BS, illogical reasons and double standards abound on twitch. Social media mods aren't some sort of divine arbiters of justice.

Are you a big fan of guilty until proven innocent or something? I don't even watch this guy or know anything about him, but it's hardly unheard of for people to get banned from social media platforms for BS, illogical reasons and double standards abound on twitch. Social media mods aren't some sort of divine arbiters of justice.
Yeah I get that, I've seen a few moderator abuse on social media to know that kind of thing goes on but just seems weird that they haven't even given him a reason yet.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back