Doom Eternal won’t use composer Mick Gordon for DLC

Doom-Eternal-Destructible-Demons.jpg

Marty Stratton at id Software has taken to Reddit to deliver his side of the story in regards to controversy surrounding composer Mick Gordon’s contributions to the Doom Eternal soundtrack.

While many fans like the OST, there is speculation and criticism around the fact that the game’s talented and popular composer, Mick Gordon, edited and “mixed” only 12 of the 59 tracks on the OST – the remainder being edited by our Lead Audio Designer here at id.
~Stratton.

Some have suggested that we’ve been careless with or disrespectful of the game music. Others have speculated that Mick wasn’t given the time or creative freedom to deliver something different or better. The fact is – none of that is true.
Stratton said that he and the Doom Eternal Lead Audio Designer have been receiving “direct and personal attacks” as a result of Mick Gordon’s comments on the matter.

When asked on social media about his future with DOOM, Mick has replied, “doubt we’ll work together again.” This was surprising to see, as we have never discussed ending our collaboration with him until now – but his statement does highlight a complicated relationship. Our challenges have never been a matter of creative differences. Mick has had near limitless creative autonomy over music composition and mixing in our recent DOOM games, and I think the results have been tremendous.
Stratton concluded by saying that “for the immediate future, we are at the point of moving on and won’t be working with Mick on the DLC we currently have in production.”.

Doom Eternal is available on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

I think this is one more fact that people have to experiment. And unless they experiment, you may find that they may end up being sounding monotonous. I am looking forward to their new soundtrack and the updates. Hopefully we can have some industrial and EDM type music too.

I heard about the feud but in later reports it was suggested that they weren’t aware of Gordon’s decision to stop working on the soundtrack. It seems some things were said in the heat of the moment.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back