How do you cope with game addiction?

Only way to help the addictive gamer is making him pay for his own things. This way he is forced to get real with his work and school and jobs. That is what worked out for many gamers to cut out on the addiction. I know it may not be easy for many gamers but something like this can be done and should be done.
Precisely true! Once a person has to manage his life completely then he must adjust to it properly as well.

The problem with addiction is that people never know whether they are genetically predisposed to addiction until they are actually addicted. And even then, it takes long before a person can actually own up and accept that they can no longer control their habit. Here, I would urge discipline and self-control as preventative measures.

Yes. That's how I managed to come out of the addiction. I realized that I have to understand how to get the most out of the life by learning things on my own. Gaming or any form of addiction is only stopped when that person stops getting any form of help.

I don't know about genetic. But it can be possible that their lack of socializing leads to the addiction. And they need to understand how to extract the most out of the given addiction they have. I have been through some of the addiction and I always wanted to squeeze more out of what I loved the most. So that approach can't be genetic.

I've found Time Management is key along with self control. Visiting natural surroundings with no electricity also works. Doing exercise, reading a book, and other various activities will help take your mind of gaming.

I've always followed the above and never suffered from any form of addiction from Gaming.

I've never really been "addicted" to a game or gaming in general, unlike some others. I've always been able to control myself when playing games and luckily I haven't had to take any measures to manage with addiction or gaming time. But if I did, I think the best thing to cope with it would be to try and put aside some time for gaming and ensure that you don't play anytime else. Slowly, you will be able to control your gaming time and slow down on your addiction.

I stumbled across several game addiction threads on this board. Is game addiction really a big problem? Or is someone trying to push a narrative?

I kind of feel like taking few hours of break and spending time with family and friends can be a good option. It can be pretty demanding on that note. I guess handling addiction means we have to break out the pattern that has gone wrong. Something many people don't do often. And that needs to be thought about.

I stumbled across several game addiction threads on this board. Is game addiction really a big problem? Or is someone trying to push a narrative?
It may or may not be a big problem depending on how you look at it. Lets consider something similar such as gambling. Its equally addictive but since its not much of a public problem such as cocaine, its assumed. That principle applies to gaming addiction. It would take long before you would even know that you or a friend is addicted. I mean, you are not stealing to go buy some illegal stuff or engaging in unsocial behavior as such. You are simply spending lots of time before a screen playing some game. Most people would look at it as harmless obsession. But, I hope you know there is nothing like harmless addiction.

I think one of the best tips in relation to this is setting priorities. We all have ours, and the most important ones must always be highlighted. So, we must remember that there is a real world out there and it is in that world that we are ourselves (even though we - sometimes - try to hide ourselves through video game characters).

This is really true. Being addicted to games can be harmful not only to your health but to other aspects of your life. You might end up ditching uour responsibilities just to make time for games. Some important people might be overlooked because you end up spending more time playing rather than spending time with people.

Playing games is always a temptation and addiction. It's hard to resist. The more you refuse the more convincing to stay on the game. ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) It takes a lot of realization before you finally take it off from your system. It always fill the emptiness and it serves as a comfort zone. It is always best to keep in our mind to set limit especially on games. It's best to control the game and not the game controlling us. We must learn to discipline ourselves in every possible way.

Gaming should be for fun and recreation but sometimes we forget it's purpose. Games are made in a such a way that players are hook into the game so that they would want to play more. Game makers tend to add spices and challenging obstacles so that we would not get bored of it. This is where the addiction comes in, gamers would crave for an endless achievement created by the game makers. That is why we must be responsible in gaming and we must prioritize what is really important in our life and think gaming as a recreational hobby.

It is all about self-discipline. The determination to resist the temptation of games must be greater above all. You must always think about your priorities and never sacrifice anything important in gaming because once you get succumb to it it would be much harder to resist it. Gaming is good but too much of it can destroy the real world around you.

This is applicable to anyone out there who is addicted to games. I think once a big life changing event happened in your life, you'll figure out the answer. In my case, having my first kid, it instantly kick the shit out of me and taught me the real meaning of responsibility. Now I rarely play any game in my laptop or in my mobile phone either. You see there's no such thing as addiction, its in our mind. You're more powerful than any you might ever think.

Discipline and moderation are two techniques of guarding against addiction-not for the addicted. When you are disciplined and do things with some moderation, you know when to pause, stop and say " this is getting too far". Moderation says " you have spent enough time gaming, its time to get off and do something else before you get attached ", while discipline says " get off that gaming device now".

This is the most common question of all. “Do you go out?” Of course we do! We do not isolate ourselves. There’s only few who does but most of us live the same way as you do. People will always tell me that based on what they read or watch, gamers are lonely and love to stay at home alone. Let me clear this to you that it is not true. We also have a social life like any other. (y)

I admit, some gamers don’t go to school just to play or don’t want to work because they got so addicted towards playing. Now let me tell you that not all gamers are like them. We have dreams too. We also want to be successful. I met some of my gamer friends, and I am proud that some of them are professionals. We have doctors, lawyers, business person, teachers, dentist etc. But they still play. The point here is that even you are hooked in playing, if you know how to manage your time, you will be successful in your career.

Yes in some cases I can say that playing games specially onljne games is addictive but for me it really defends on the people on how they treat playing as what it is. I do play online games to, the mobile legend one but we need to put in our mind it was just a game that can help as get out from being bord in our free time and not for our fulltime. We need to know how to manage our time, control our self ang know your priority. You should not let your self be a slave in ceratin kind of games.

I'm sure everyone had a point in their life they have started a YouTube/Twitch channel and tried to go for professional gaming.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back