Don't be addicted to gaming

JMuriukitano

I read a sad story though of a gaming addict. You may want to check it out here; I'm Addicted to Gaming and I Need Help | Game Quitters . Caution: Don't’ be addicted. Cultivate accountability partnerships and exercise a lot of caution. Addiction will not jump and grab you at once. It slips in slowly and quietly. Open up, share and cherish challenges on what games you play, when and why.

egghead

You never know when something that you start as fun and entertainment becomes an addiction. This kind of thing happens on all kinds of addiction from smoking, drinking to gaming, even drugs. Just like drugs, cigarettes and alcohol gaming may not harm you in the physical level, however, it is very harmful for your mental health if you are playing too much.

Tehilah27

Most addicts do not even know they are addicted. Only people around them would recognize the signs and know that they have turned addicts. We just need to become more aware of the signs to look out for. Also, some people do not think gaming can become dangerous to their health, finances and personal lives

Bravosi

Gaming addiction can be divided into two categories, a "hobby-addiction", or an excessive gaming due to lack of socializing options. Myself I had the 2nd option. My classmates preferred to drink and hang out in clubs.

Talking about addiction is important in this forum (since the main subject is video games)... But it is important to remember that not only the addiction in video games is bad, but any kind of addiction (even though it seems be something good).

Nova

Yes gaming addiction can be real. There are people who are suffering from the gaming addiction. And they tend to end up being violent and angry most of the time. You can see that it can be pretty hard to see that addiction can cause of more issues than anything. So better to take some steps and avoid getting addicted to gaming.

egghead

Most addicts do not even know they are addicted. Only people around them would recognize the signs and know that they have turned addicts. We just need to become more aware of the signs to look out for. Also, some people do not think gaming can become dangerous to their health, finances and personal lives
That's true. An addict does not know about his addiction. This is true for all kinds of addiction, for alcohol addiction to drugs and gaming. However, there are some simple techniques to find out whether you are addicted or not. can you forget about the game for 2-3 days, if you cannot it is an addiction. Are you playing games for 5-6 hours and you still want to play, this is an addiction.

Nova

Addiction is phase when the person in question has no control over the subject of addiction. So Gaming addiction also falls into the same criteria. You can see that it can be pretty difficult if you are addicted to the games and have no clue about the ways to get out of it. Not everyone can do it that easily either.

phanuruch

The problem with addiction is that people never know whether they are genetically predisposed to addiction until they are actually addicted. And even then, it takes long before a person can actually own up and accept that they can no longer control their habit. Here, I would urge discipline and self-control as preventative measures.

Nova

I don't know about genetic. But it can be possible that their lack of socializing leads to the addiction. And they need to understand how to extract the most out of the given addiction they have. I have been through some of the addiction and I always wanted to squeeze more out of what I loved the most. So that approach can't be genetic.

Erika1358

This is really true. Being addicted to games can be harmful not only to your health but to other aspects of your life. You might end up ditching uour responsibilities just to make time for games. Some important people might be overlooked because you end up spending more time playing rather than spending time with people.

Jelineex

Playing games is always a temptation and addiction. It's hard to resist. The more you refuse the more convincing to stay on the game. ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) It takes a lot of realization before you finally take it off from your system. It always fill the emptiness and it serves as a comfort zone. It is always best to keep in our mind to set limit especially on games. It's best to control the game and not the game controlling us. We must learn to discipline ourselves in every possible way.

charmania

Gaming should be for fun and recreation but sometimes we forget it's purpose. Games are made in a such a way that players are hook into the game so that they would want to play more. Game makers tend to add spices and challenging obstacles so that we would not get bored of it. This is where the addiction comes in, gamers would crave for an endless achievement created by the game makers. That is why we must be responsible in gaming and we must prioritize what is really important in our life and think gaming as a recreational hobby.

mhingnhormz

Yes in some cases I can say that playing games specially onljne games is addictive but for me it really defends on the people on how they treat playing as what it is. I do play online games to, the mobile legend one but we need to put in our mind it was just a game that can help as get out from being bord in our free time and not for our fulltime. We need to know how to manage our time, control our self ang know your priority. You should not let your self be a slave in ceratin kind of games.

I've seen a whole lot of people getting addicted to playing games. It seems like a future put on hold or ruin because they don't know how to handle addiction. Make no mistake, there where professional gamers who already earned big money because of video games. In general, only a few are earning and most are just wasting opportunities.

OP
OP
JMuriukitano

JMuriukitano

Gaming should be for fun and recreation but sometimes we forget it's purpose. Games are made in a such a way that players are hook into the game so that they would want to play more. Game makers tend to add spices and challenging obstacles so that we would not get bored of it. This is where the addiction comes in, gamers would crave for an endless achievement created by the game makers. That is why we must be responsible in gaming and we must prioritize what is really important in our life and think gaming as a recreational hobby.
That’s quite true Charmania. It’s important to remember that the whole essence of developing video games is to make money. If video games are not challenging but possible to win or make scores, who would be interested? How else would the developers make their money? The developers play these games ahead of their release and that’s why they will even encourage the players to make/develop their own. This way the gamer penetrates the ‘jungle’ inch by inch until before they know it, its way too late. That’s why extreme caution is important.

junrose123

It s really a big problem for young kids now the addiction in gaming because we are now in the modern age of technology where every people have their own gadget to play some games. I guess that it is our main responsibility to set a limit on our selves while playing some games so that that we will not suffer in the end since it will be in our own hands on how to lessen or avoid addiction in gaming activities, since all that is too much is bad for us and for the society as well.

theresajane

That's why it's important to keep yourself busy. You should do other tasks and be busy with your work or studies. You can go gaming if it's your free time. It's a matter of time management and self-control.

Jelineex

It s really a big problem for young kids now the addiction in gaming because we are now in the modern age of technology where every people have their own gadget to play some games. I guess that it is our main responsibility to set a limit on our selves while playing some games so that that we will not suffer in the end since it will be in our own hands on how to lessen or avoid addiction in gaming activities, since all that is too much is bad for us and for the society as well.
Yes, I am glad I broke my phone. ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) I don't have to worry and I am focus on my responsibility. Like I said, it's a temptation that's hard to resist. Games and gadgets is our comfort zone. It's probably difficult to discipline a mind who's into a state of addiction. Time will give a realization to a person unless he has a malfunctioned brain. I still believe on giving concerns for guidance and direction.

Marako0406

I firmly believe that too much of something is really bad enough. We should me more mindful of the time we put on some things that can be beneficial to both ourselves and our life. Its true that gaming can be addictive but with moderation and should only be recreational. We can do more important things rather than over-spending our time to the things that really don't have good benefit to us.

Nova

I have seen many lives lost due to the gaming. And people need to be focused on the gaming experience in their life. Not all people can do the gaming every now and then and expect to have good life. Gaming consumes the time. And it can be pretty difficult for anyone to addicted and then get out of that addiction.