Does Nintendo need to compete with Sony, MS, etc. in the AAA space to survive?

Barida

Trophies
The other day, I was reading an article where the president of Nintendo was discussing about the competition that may exist in the console gaming community.

For me, I don't really think they need to compete for fan base, though I am not one, as Sony as a gaming company has gone far in catching up with realities. Do you think they should compete or just work towards keeping their existing fans happy?

I don't think so, I buy a Nintendo for totally different reasons as to why I buy an xBox or a PlayStation.

I've actually seen a huge push lately to get ports of games on the Nintendo, some have them have fit rather well themeatically such as Crash Bandicoot and I could have seen Spyro doing rather well, but I wouldn't want to play something like FIFA on a Nintendo.

I want Nintendo to remain doing what they're best at and focus on their IPs it's what they are known and loved for.

XBOX and PS you can see why they need to compete and why they are at a constant war, Nintendo really don't need to though it's like their hardware and games server a totally different type of person. That's my view anyway.

Nope, Nintendo's IPs are AAA games and they don't require heavy duty game development either.

I'd agree with the posts above really, Nintendo have never struck me as a company that would pursue a publishing policy around the AAA games area because as Rickeo mentioned, the games they do come out with seem to strike a chord with a different type of audience. They've got themselves a good little 'area' of their own so why not keep in that area and keep dominating it?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back