Does gaming affect social behaviour?

View attachment 83

YES IT DOES!! It can sometimes go to your head...literally aha

I have a buddy that is seriously addicted to gaming. He can't leave the controller for more than a couple minutes once he gets started. If he isn't already playing it's not a big deal. But if he gets started he just won't stop. Hah

Gaming has helped me to develop some real life skills such as management, made it easier for me to follow tasks and orders and I even learnt an entire language by just playing a video game. I also don't get nervous that easy anymore. But gaming can also have a negative impact on some people but I think it's just their character.

Last edited:
Oh, of course, gaming can be addictive - just like social media is. Nonetheless, I'm not for ruining fun. I guess it's all about balance.

Anyway, I'd say gaming addiction would be less destructive - than drug or gambling addictions, right?

Last edited:
There are also rehab centers being open for gamers. And some people are also recommending keeping break of few days off the computer and consoles before they can be brought into some social places. Gamers tend to be pretty much violent in some circumstances. And so I think gamers need to mind how much they play.

I wouldn't recommend a complete break from gaming for a few days. Instead 1-2 hours of gaming a day will be better in my opinion. Cutting their access to video game completely might drive them crazy. While on the other side, when a hour pass, you can tell them that it's enough for today and they need to spend less time on the PC/console.

There are also rehab centers being open for gamers. And some people are also recommending keeping break of few days off the computer and consoles before they can be brought into some social places. Gamers tend to be pretty much violent in some circumstances. And so I think gamers need to mind how much they play.

Call me crazy, but doesn't this seem like a joke? I mean, who has time to game anyway - other than privileged people? Go get a job! :D

Last edited:
Not necessary. Gaming has become serious lately. And there are kids who are going violent. You can't make them get job or even go to colleges. Some of the parents are so damaged with this addiction. I think they failed to control their kids. Something that may not be learned from the experience from what I have seen.

Not necessary. Gaming has become serious lately. And there are kids who are going violent. You can't make them get job or even go to colleges. Some of the parents are so damaged with this addiction. I think they failed to control their kids. Something that may not be learned from the experience from what I have seen.
Parents should be responsible for what they do. They have to think first for their kids instead of gaming. It's like video games are more important to them than taking care for their kids. Well, some people are just not supposed to be parents. And if they can realize it themselves, they really should seek help from a psychologist or someone who can help them.

I don't think so. Just because I enjoy shooting and blowing people up in GTA 5, doesn't mean I want to do that in real life.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back