Discussion Does anyone enjoy role-playing?

LunarScorpio

Newcomer
Trophies
If you happen to know me, or even if you just read my intro post, you know that I enjoy roleplaying. Does anyone else here enjoy roleplaying? There are a lot of avenues in which you can participate in RPing, which do you prefer on a forum, Discord, Reddit, Tumbler, or through e-mail and what got you interested in rolepaying? How long have you been doing it and what kind of genres are you into?

The only time I ever did role play was in school (drama class) and I hated it!!

This is obviously different as you are behind a keyboard am I right? Maybe I could be better at this. Explain a little more on what is involved.

Mazes & Monsters roleplaying or pretend I'm a dirty little schoolgirl roleplaying? Because I'm down with either.

Seriously though, I enjoy tabletop gaming of all kinds. In fact, a couple of videos on my youtube channel are dedicated to talking about tabletop RPG experiences.

As you can see from the videos, I've played all the basics (DnD, Pathfinder) which have the advantage of having lots of people to play with, but I've played and am interested in some other more niche ones too, like the old Warhammer 40k RPG's.

I've never done RPing online though.

Last edited:
I used to do a lot of RPs for anime back in the golden days of RP forums, lots of Naruto, bleach and one piece. Sadly they don't seem popular anymore.

I do, Well, GTA based Roleplaying in my case. If you enjoy realism and as a cop then do it right. Other then that that's what I do and I enjoy but other games I do not. More into simulators

I do, Well, GTA based Roleplaying in my case. If you enjoy realism and as a cop then do it right. Other then that that's what I do and I enjoy but other games I do not. More into simulators
Grand Theft Auto roleplaying? Now that's something I've never heard before. My interest is piqued.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what GTA stands for in this case, and am embarrassing myself.

Grand Theft Auto roleplaying? Now that's something I've never heard before. My interest is piqued.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what GTA stands for in this case, and am embarrassing myself.
Isn't new. Been going around back in the old days of GTAIV. People don't play GTA as it is anymore, They download mods and plugins (FiveM for Multiplayer) and change the game back to front. Other words making the game to something else.

YouTube or Twitch search and you will see so much. RP as a POlice officer or a coffee shop owner/worker and just RP the real-life with a character name. Even do police chase and go to jail.

The only time I ever did role play was in school (drama class) and I hated it!!

This is obviously different as you are behind a keyboard am I right? Maybe I could be better at this. Explain a little more on what is involved.

Haha, not quite. What I'm specifically referring to is text play-by-post roleplaying, which often takes place on a forum or something similar. Two or more people create a story by taking control of characters that they create. Each player is responsible for their own character and the NPCs of the game. Your roleplay can be about anything in any setting or any genre (i.e. modern fantasy, historical, sci-fi, horror, etc.). Additionally, there are people who will participate in roleplays based off of their favorite fandoms like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, etc. There are some forums that have a single site-wide roleplay, ones that only have it so that you and your partner(s) are creating your own roleplays or, like my forum Dream City RPG, a mix of both. Roleplayers write responses to one another through posts. Each post describes the character’s actions, speech, and thoughts.

That's the short explanation of it.

Mazes & Monsters roleplaying or pretend I'm a dirty little schoolgirl roleplaying? Because I'm down with either.

Seriously though, I enjoy tabletop gaming of all kinds. In fact, a couple of videos on my youtube channel are dedicated to talking about tabletop RPG experiences.

As you can see from the videos, I've played all the basics (DnD, Pathfinder) which have the advantage of having lots of people to play with, but I've played and am interested in some other more niche ones too, like the old Warhammer 40k RPG's.

I've never done RPing online though.

Haha, whatever type of RPing that floats your boat! I've only lightly dabbled in tabletop RPing, I mostly RP online on forums.

I used to do a lot of RPs for anime back in the golden days of RP forums, lots of Naruto, bleach and one piece. Sadly they don't seem popular anymore.

They're still around and thriving, you just need to know where to look, haha.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back