News Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker exits at the end of series 13

Notorious

Trophies
Jodie Whittaker is quitting at the end of the next Doctor Who series, when she will regenerate into the 14th Time Lord.The 38-year-old has told bosses she intends to stick to the traditional rule of leaving after three stints in the TARDIS, like the majority of her predecessors.One insider said: “It’s all very hush-hush but it is known on set that Jodie is leaving and they are gearing up for a regeneration.“Her departure is top secret but at some point over the coming months the arrival of the 14th Doctor will need to be filmed. It’s very exciting.” says Insiders.

Insiders claim Whittaker is keen to take on other roles, the source said she will follow co-stars Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole out of the door later this year, but showrunner Chris Chibnall is to remain.Filming on the current run of the BBC sci-fi show is due to finish this summer and it will air in the autumn.

The 38-year-old has told bosses she intends to stick to the traditional rule of leaving after three stints in the TARDIS, like the majority of her predecessors.
David Tennant did the same, but extended his tenure with special shows. Whittaker, the first female ever cast as the Doctor, will find quitting an emotional moment.She once said: “If I even think about leaving, it makes me cry. When it happens, I can pre-empt it will be my most devastating moment. “I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it’s not yet. I’m clinging on tight.”

Other Doctors to leave after three runs include William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back