Does your PC overheat when you play games?

Barida

Trophies
This is something that I have noticed with my laptop over time when I am home and feel the need to play computer games. After like an hour or so, the computer will start over heating and that always make me worry. Have you experienced this while gaming on PC?

I don't play games on my PC - since it's not a gaming one. However, though, my PC has overheated from being in a hot room. In that case, the fans come on. Well, luckily, that's all the happens. There isn't any damage done!

O.K., how to prevent this? Keep your computer in a cool room and/or use cooling fans (inside the computer).

My PC doesn't overheat while playing video games, even the heavy ones. I keep a good airflow in the case and also I clean the dust frequently enough so it doesn't get stuck somewhere it doesn't need to. Also, it's good to change the thermal paste that is staying on your CPU at least once a year or maybe two. It strongly depends on what components you are using, what cooling system you have, the temperature in your room and many other things.

PC No but console Does because it doesn't have the cooler to the generatier the reason being is because i played the PS4 for so long that my PS4 kinda overheated i waited so long to get it to cool off

I think these days I am not much using the PC for the heavy games. And for that console is more than good enough. So not much of an issue on PC but some of the time I had that issue with the mobile though.

My old PC used to actually, was a right pain whenever I wanted to actually have a nice long gaming session with my friends. I think two of the fans just kind of went because of old age and so whenever I played I was greeted with an annoying whiny noise from the fans attempting to do their job and I just watched the tempature window thing on my case just go up, and up...and up haha. I could probably get 30-45 mins in on an intensive game before having to give it a break. Maybe that's my computer's way of saying I should be healthier lol.

I think most of the older PC and the CPU be it from the gaming card or the processor, they tend to have heating issues. And summer is the time just for those sort of issues. I never had much issues during the winter or say the rainy season. I had other issues of machine though.

I don't play games on my PC - since it's not a gaming one. However, though, my PC has overheated from being in a hot room. In that case, the fans come on. Well, luckily, that's all the happens. There isn't any damage done!

O.K., how to prevent this? Keep your computer in a cool room and/or use cooling fans (inside the computer).

I am planning on getting an AC soon for my room since I have noticed that a hot room can contribute to making the laptop get hot. I am someone that enjoys gaming and playing on PC makes it nice for me.

I think AC can turn out to be expensive if your region has more sunshine and less snow or the rainy season. So it depends on if you can keep up with the rising bills of electricity. I think it can be pretty difficult to play games without it though.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back